Sponsored by:

Porsche Financial Lease

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Billy Bob Dibble
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Financial Lease

I am about a month or two away from turning in my '02 C4S. These are the following "potential issues" with the car:

1. 2 or 3 barely noticeable scratches. (Maybe they could be buffed out) I only notice when I clean the car.

2. There is a very minor ding - no paint damage but definitely an indentation.

3. Stereo has a cracked plastic thing (top part not display)

4. Tires might be borderline 1/8 tread.

Everything else as far as I am aware is in pristine condition. It seems like the above is normal wear and tear, and I would guess the car is in substantially better condition than other similar cars after three years. It only has 20k miles on a 36k mile lease. Before turning in the car should I go to my insurance company and get an estimate for "fixing" the scratches and ding? Should I pre-order tires from tirerack?

I have never turned in a Porsche lease, so I am not sure what I should be doing.

Thank you...
Old 01-20-2005, 01:09 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

It sounds like normal wear and tear, don't worry about it.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Tse-Tse
Instructor

You paid for those miles: Why didn't you use them?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Weissy
Instructor

I am turning in mine tomorrow. From what I understand is that Porsche and Chase will give you up to 1500 dollars for wear and tear. You must have 1/8 of an inch of tread on your tires or you will get charged for them. Tires are not included in that 1500 dollar number. I just swaped mine out last week. They want OEM tires on the car but I put on the cheapest OEM's I could find. The conti's were much less then the pirellies I had on there. Hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:43 PM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not familiar with Porsche Finance but in the past leasing companies i have worked with will list the issues and then give you the choice of paying for these items or repairing them yourself. I agree that this would be considered normal wear and tear by most reasonable people.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Billy Bob Dibble
Instructor

Tse-Tse: Only 24 hours in a day. I use it as my daily driver, but I only drive two miles to work.

Thanks everyone for the information.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:08 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the big question is do you plan to get another? If so, then tell them to stick it if they try to stick you Otherwise call them and see what it acceptable. Sounds like the tires might be the questionable thing.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:34 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I once turned in a lincoln ls, when they thought I was getting another, there was no charge. Once they found out I wasn't, suddenly I owed 600$. I complained to ford directly, got a full refund. It's all a game.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:19 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Call and ask them for the information re procedures for turning in the car. I had a couple Porsche Financial leases but I never turned a car back to them (traded/paid off). When my wife turned her Land Cruiser in to Bank of America a little over a year ago, they sent materials in advance, which outlined their procedures. I recall they had a small deductible (maybe $150 or so). I was nervous about tires but they did not ding me for that. The car had also been rear-ended and there was some minor bumper damage which they did charge me for (minus the deductible), but it was very small and very reasonable. Chase does have a $1,500 allowance but not sure of the details. Your lease contract should say.

I believe most large financial companies, undoubtedly including Porsche, pay outside companies to do the inspections for them. And I think you can have them inspect the car a month before the lease end so they can tell you if there will be any charges and so you can fix things yourself if you want.

On the tires, some generous rennlister ought to be able to fix you up cheap with some tires that would qualify.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:20 AM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

A C4S is fairly popular. Have you thought about selling the car for the buy out amount?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Billy Bob Dibble
Instructor

Thank you for all the information.

I believe my "turn in" is 55k. I am not sure that I want to deal selling for less than 5k. If someone on this board knows someone that wants one for 60k (super duper uber firm) I would be more than happy to work with someone, but when I looked around it seemed like 60 was kinda pricey, and I didn't want to deal with trying to justify the price.

In terms of driving my miles, I have to laugh. It is my daily driver (2 miles to work), but with two kids it is hard to put 16K miles on my car in the next 60-90 days. I wish there were 30 hours in a day.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:10 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

If you didn't use all the miles why don't you buy the car and try to sell it for more?
Old 01-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Billy Bob Dibble
Instructor

MoneyBiz because time=money. ;-)

(I just calculated I have wasted $482,123.00 reading this board) *grin*

Quick Reply: Porsche Financial Lease