Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lease Rates

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 08:59 PM
tagheuer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Btw, I called so many dealers in the Southern California (LA, OC, Ventura, etc) areas to see if they were willing to make a deal and most of them blew me off when I asked for a discount. It was either a premium or Msrp as best. I guess I don't blame them since the 997's are a bit harder to see in the showrooms and that the weather is just so nice here (with the exception of the rains weeks ago). The East Coast dealers (northeast in particular) seem more willing to work out a deal given their weather condition, maybe overstock, etc.

For me, I felt my savings were enough to justify flying out there and picking up the car. I thought about shipping the car here but since I have family back east and in texas, I thought it would be a nice road trip for the Christmas and New Year's holidays. (I was so lucky the weather was so NICE at that time considering that there was a snow storm the week before my pickup)

Yes I put on 3300 miles but I hadn't orginally planned on leasing the car. Oringal plan was to order the car and pick it up in April when my funds were available for purchase but because of the deal they wanted before 2005 I ended up with a lease which I will buyout in April. Anyone planning on keeping the lease to term, I recommend shipping! ;-) which by the was will run about $1500-1800 approximately and still good considering that Socal dealers don't even discount.....yet!

Goodluck!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Rasta
Racer

Tag -

Thanks for posting your thoughts. Seemed like a "win win" situation here. The roadtrip must have been a blast. I PM'd you just now on the info.

Thx in advance.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Skytop
Racer

Be creative....

Buy a nice California ranch house with a 110% first mortgage. After the closing, go directly to the Porsche dealer with the closing residual check cut to your name. Buy the P car for cash, own it for three years, sell the house, capture a 40% price appreciation, pay the taxes, then go back to the Porsche dealer, trade in your old beat up 2005 997 for a nice shiny new 2008 998 cabriolet with the new standard 425 hp engine !

Got it?

Quick Reply: Lease Rates