Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ending boxster lease for 997 S

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004 | 09:48 AM
Weissy
Instructor

Question Ending boxster lease for 997 S

I am getting ready to end my boxster S lease for my 997. This is the first car I leased and was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on ending a lease with minimal out of pocket expense. I have taken great care of this car and the only thing I can think of is that I might be handing this car in with the wear bars just starting to show on the tires. Is this something I should change before I hand in or just see if I can get away with it? I did not lease this car thru Porsche so my bargaining power will be limited. Any other insights you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-29-2004 | 10:19 AM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Do you mean you're going to terminate the lease early, or is the contract almost up?

If you terminate the lease early, be prepared to make the remaining payments on the lease contract in order to walk away.

If it's the end of the contract, the leasing company will likely send you an "end of lease" kit describing what's permissible wear and tear, etc...

The tires may be excessively worn, per the lease contract, and may need to be replaced.
Old 11-29-2004 | 10:23 AM
Weissy
Instructor

No the lease is ending on time. Is it cheaper for me to replace the tires my self or should I just let the lease company do it if they deem that necessary ?
Old 11-29-2004 | 08:08 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Tough question. I doubt that the leasing company will shop around for the best price and pass the savings along to you. The best bet is to call them (anonomously if possible) and check out their guidelines for tire wear.
Old 11-29-2004 | 08:16 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Weissy
No the lease is ending on time. Is it cheaper for me to replace the tires my self or should I just let the lease company do it if they deem that necessary ?
Can you make any money on the car? If you think you can see if someone will take it off your hands for a few bucks. If there is a spread, pass some of the savings along to a buyer and let them deal with the tires.

Quick Reply: Ending boxster lease for 997 S