997 S in shop for 7th time in 3 months!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 03:51 AM
Curt911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toga
What a thread!!!! 52399 post today...+1
I came here by chance and spent hours reading it.
Now I feel like if I watched a video, and the tape stopped before the end of the movie!
But ok watching again your face on the last post, I'm sure your happy, and that's the most important.
Take care Skip, and thanks for sharing your experience.
52399, I think that is a number Porsche Should take a good look at...

BTW, is the Crest on his lips meaning that Porsche paid him to keep quiet as part of their agreement, or does it say "read my lips" as in a new Porsche in the near future?

Iquiring minds wanna know? (or in my case slow ones)
Old 03-07-2005, 07:53 AM
perrys7342
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Golf Cart???

Berny,

Afraid that's a bit of Porsche "over advertising" their development.

From you pictures, it is exactly a new aluminum frame US Club Car Precedent model with minor "cosmetic" modifications, right down to the body, top, side mouldings, dash, seats, rear end including lights, and even the suspension. They have just "modified" the front cowl which is a common "custom feature" in Golf Cars. If you like, you can get various front ends including Hummer, 57 Chevy, 32 Ford, VW Beetle, etc.

I know for sure...we bought one last summer (strictly "stock", not a golfer, just for our older Golden Retriever to get around and enjoy!)

Perry (42+ years of Porsche Ownership)
Old 03-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Salazar
Advanced

So what is Skip driving now?
Old 03-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Sobe
Pro

All of that for a a bad solenoid .....
Old 03-14-2005, 12:01 AM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Salazar,

I still have three Porsches, which are listed in my signature. I'm getting ready to drive one of them later this week at the TWS club race, which is shown here proudly displaying the new nose:

I've sworn off of new Porsches, and street Porsches just don't have much appeal. My Subaru is a better daily driver as it's reliable, can haul folks and things, and is nearly invisible to cops, thieves, vandals, and other baddies.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:20 AM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Richard in Colorado
I have it from a reliable source that the dealer from which Skip purchased his Porsche is negotiating to sell the Porsche portion of its Porsche/Audi franchise. I'm wondering to what extent this transitional situation may have contributed to any delay that may have occurred in resolution of Skip's car's non-fix/buy-back.
Prestige Porsche/Audi in Denver or am I being too assuming. If so, I doubt that would be the case. I purchased a Twin Turbo from them and they screwed the warranty up. It was supposed to be PCNA certified warranty which was a huge selling point for me. I got a call from the GM two months later saying ooops!!! No warranty....they made an oversight and the factory is not recognizing your car. I won't bore you with the details of the resolution but I doubt a transitional situation had anything to do with it IMO. Its called incompetence and thats being kind.........
Old 03-14-2005, 06:32 PM
PV
Pro

So, it looks like you were/are a pritty good client for them with all those tools and they made such a big deal out of such a small issue and let you suffer.

I would like to see anybody from Porsche give a reaction on this board and tell us why they did the things they did.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Richard in Colorado
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom Larkins
Prestige Porsche/Audi in Denver or am I being too assuming. If so, I doubt that would be the case. I purchased a Twin Turbo from them and they screwed the warranty up. It was supposed to be PCNA certified warranty which was a huge selling point for me. I got a call from the GM two months later saying ooops!!! No warranty....they made an oversight and the factory is not recognizing your car. I won't bore you with the details of the resolution but I doubt a transitional situation had anything to do with it IMO. Its called incompetence and thats being kind.........
Not Prestige. Some story... yours!
Old 03-15-2005, 03:16 PM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Richard in Colorado
Not Prestige. Some story... yours!
Let me put it to yo this way, before I accepted their offer my lawyers eyes got as big as beach ***** and I thought I saw dollar signs in them. I'm not that type of person and they (Prestige) made it right so we didn't even go there.

Imagine buying a car under false pretense, shipping it out of state and advertising it as such before its sale.

Quick Reply: 997 S in shop for 7th time in 3 months!