DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by GreggT
Doublenutz
Can I suggest you buy a new dictionary

Also.....sorry....not understanding the "tugging finger"discussion.

Yes I saw your reference to JD Powers rankings, 'premium' sports cars, yada yada....and I'll admit, in this day-n-age (and to the demographic Pcar now markets) these are apparently important factors (when considering a 911 vs Acura, C6, or other options).

Times have changed..........I remember when most of it was about going fast......the 911 wasn't really a good 'daily' (unless you had pretty good mechano talent or were on 1st name basis w/your wrench ).

Today's car is different, as is the customer, as is the expectation of 'quality'.

Again..........hope Skip can find resolution to his unfortunate experience.

Dictionary.Com ir·re·gard·less ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-gärdls)
adv. Nonstandard
Regardless.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Probably blend of irrespective, and regardless.]
Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Dude you are really tooting on the new butt gas now! Save some for RR will ya, he's gonna need it.

Please don't try an make us believed that you are actually concerned about Skips problem with any real sincerity or that you understand what we are discussing until you have actually read his post. Otherwise you look like an azz.

JESUS H CHRIST!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:22 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Put down the mouse and step back from the keyboard.
Golly...........Rennlist has changed.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:27 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreggT
Put down the mouse and step back from the keyboard.
Golly...........Rennlist has changed.

No it has not changed. We've always been here, in fact before you. May I draw your attention to the dates joined? I have been a member here since "Christ was a Corporal"! #030510-3335
Old 11-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Skip in Boulder
I've kept quiet on this on rennlist so far, but I'm sick and tired of the problems that I'm having with this car, so I'm "going public". There are threads on rennteam.com about this subject, where others are having the same or similar problems, and I've chimed in there. Here's the latest:

got in my 997 S this morning for a nice drive to work only to be greeted yet again with the "System Fault Return to Workshop" message. This is the 7th or 8th time (I've lost track of the count) that it has been to the shop for the same problem, and it's well beyond ridiculous at this point. Can any one of you out there honestly say that I shouldn't be mad as hell at this point?

This is the worst new car ownership experience I've ever had, and that is absurd given the price of this car and all of the hype about Porsche quality. I could accept the car being in once for a computer glitch as it's a new model, but there is no way that it should have been in the shop this mahy times or for this many days over a 4 or more year period!

Right now I really hate this stupid car, and it pisses me off to even look at. Is anyone from PAG or PCNA reading this board? If so, do I need to pull the gloves off and get really nasty to make Porsche understand that this is not acceptable in any way, shape, or form?

Sorry to hear of what you are going thru... but it is not worth the aggravation. Start the Lemon law process right away. You can always buy the next year model once Porsche has (if they do) sorted out what is wrong...
Old 11-19-2004, 01:46 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skip,

It sounds as if your car is already a lemon, more than 4 attempts to fix the same problem, check your states lemon laws on the web to check the exactt details.

I would park the car at the lot tell them to take it back (replace?). Who needs the hassle! MB took my car back at 600 miles because they knew, that I knew, that they couldn't fix the ESP problem.

Doing that helps all Porsche owners, because someone within their organization has to be accountable for the quality problems, and if the problem is not on their "doorstep" then they have no ownership of it. When Porsche recognizes and deals with it's quality problems we all win.

Seven returns, how big a 2x4 do you need to be hit over the head with?
Old 11-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why hasn't Skip chimed in here since his original post? What's the status?
Old 11-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Tour18
Banned

Hey Skip, my comments above were not a condemnation of you. I was poking fun at all of us.

The bottom line is that manufacturers have factored for bad product. We just need to get you with the right people a Porsche. It's no sweat off their back to make you happy. Not to mention future sales...

And please don't ever hide bad news from the board... And if you gotta' vent, then go for it...
Old 11-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Christer
Race Car

I thought people weren't allowed to badmouth Porsche on here? Normally you guys go crazy when someone says they have had a problem....double standards are ugly.

Also, that Double Nutz guy with the finger pulling sh*t, what the hell is that? I feel slightly sick every time I read one of his posts for some reason. I also love the way he proves himself wrong with no help from anyone else. The dictionary says that whilst the word exists, you basically are a complete moron if you use it. Classic.

Butt gas.....sigh.....there is no help for some people......
Old 11-19-2004, 04:10 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to all for the supportive comments and suggestions. The car is at the dealer, having been there overnight, and it's not clear yet whether or not they have fixed it, or can. I have informed them that I want my money refunded or the car replaced, and that I won't accept this one, even if it is supposedly "fixed". I'm waiting to hear back on that, and also from the regional rep, who is on vacation and might not be available until Monday.

Several local PCA members have suggested lawyers in the event that there are "difficulties", and our zone rep has forwarded the information to her friends at PCNA. I also have information on how to send a letter to the Big Kahuna at PCNA, and may send a letter in any case just so that he is aware of this problem. Many thanks to those who have provided resources, suggestions for handling the case, and so on.

For the record, I think that the 997 is a great car, and I sitll want one, but I don't want this particular car. As some on the board have pointed out, I am a fan of these cars, I'm not some sort of "newbie", and I've been more tolerant than could be reasonably expected of anyone facing this sort of situation. I expect Porsche to "do the right thing" here, and I would expect no less of any other car manufacturer.

Thanks again.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:25 PM
munro86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skip,
Could you tell us the nature of the problem please.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:37 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Christer
I thought people weren't allowed to badmouth Porsche on here? Normally you guys go crazy when someone says they have had a problem....double standards are ugly.

Also, that Double Nutz guy with the finger pulling sh*t, what the hell is that? I feel slightly sick every time I read one of his posts for some reason. I also love the way he proves himself wrong with no help from anyone else. The dictionary says that whilst the word exists, you basically are a complete moron if you use it. Classic.

Butt gas.....sigh.....there is no help for some people......

Alas, woe is me! my dignity has been struck down by the mighty sword of my own plume...

Doublenuts enacts more wonders than a man, Daring an opposite to every danger: His dignity is slain, and all on word he fights, seeking for Christer in the throat of death.

"Rescue, fair lord, or else the day on Rennlist is lost!"

A Porsche! a Porsche! my dignity for a Porsche!

Withdraw, my lord; I’ll help you to a Porsche.

Slave! I have set my dignity upon a cast, And I will stand the hazard of the die. I think there be six Christers's in the field; Five have I slain to-day, instead of him.—

A Porsche! a Porsche! my dignity for a Porsche!
Old 11-19-2004, 04:50 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Skip in Boulder
Thanks to all for the supportive comments and suggestions. The car is at the dealer, having been there overnight, and it's not clear yet whether or not they have fixed it, or can. I have informed them that I want my money refunded or the car replaced, and that I won't accept this one, even if it is supposedly "fixed". I'm waiting to hear back on that, and also from the regional rep, who is on vacation and might not be available until Monday.

Several local PCA members have suggested lawyers in the event that there are "difficulties", and our zone rep has forwarded the information to her friends at PCNA. I also have information on how to send a letter to the Big Kahuna at PCNA, and may send a letter in any case just so that he is aware of this problem. Many thanks to those who have provided resources, suggestions for handling the case, and so on.

For the record, I think that the 997 is a great car, and I sitll want one, but I don't want this particular car. As some on the board have pointed out, I am a fan of these cars, I'm not some sort of "newbie", and I've been more tolerant than could be reasonably expected of anyone facing this sort of situation. I expect Porsche to "do the right thing" here, and I would expect no less of any other car manufacturer.

Thanks again.
Skip, I am a bit concerned and I commend your patience. I have to agree that Porsche will do the right thing with regard to your situation. I suspect they will give you a new ride. However, I wonder if after they have retrieved your current 997S with all the problems that you have shared with us, concerning this particular car, if it will later end up in the "lease return" pen for some other unsuspecting buyer who will suffer the same problems you have.

Perhaps, if there were also a way to notify carfax of the VIN number and detail the issues you share with us. I beleive CarFax works directly from insurance claims so that may make it difficult to input the problems you have been experiencing or perhaps if you are able to share the VIN here on Rennlist in some way (is that even legal? I dunno ) after it has been recovered by Porsche.

Porshce has ALWAYS taken care of me, in and out of warrenty, so I just have to believe they will do the same for someone who has as much expereince as you in this marque.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:51 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Santangelo,

What is so ignorant about asking what the fault code said the 8 times he went to the dealership?
I still havent heard. Have you?

If someone is that concerned about it, then why not mention what they were?
If it was me I would. if it was my car I would.
If I don't then Im basically using the forum to just cry, rather than solve a problem. And in that case we should have a separate forum for these posts called Unhappy Owners.
To me the forum is here in some part to solve problems, and to date, nothing that anyone has said, including Skip has got us closer to solving the problem.

Just my $0.02.
Say what you want.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:06 PM
scott watkins
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Skip... sorry to hear about your issues with your new 997. I had similar experiences with my first 996. Are you saying that you want a new car because a check light continues to come on?
Old 11-19-2004, 07:51 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
Skip,

It sounds as if your car is already a lemon, more than 4 attempts to fix the same problem, check your states lemon laws on the web to check the exactt details.

I would park the car at the lot tell them to take it back (replace?). Who needs the hassle! MB took my car back at 600 miles because they knew, that I knew, that they couldn't fix the ESP problem.

Doing that helps all Porsche owners, because someone within their organization has to be accountable for the quality problems, and if the problem is not on their "doorstep" then they have no ownership of it. When Porsche recognizes and deals with it's quality problems we all win.

Seven returns, how big a 2x4 do you need to be hit over the head with?
Colm, I had an awful experience with a Mercedes that was eventually replaced before pressing the lemon law issue. I seem to remember that the dealer has fewer chances to repair a major safety item (e.g., brakes) compared to other general items. Also, I seem to remember that "electronics" are not covered, and this is where it might get a little fuzzy.

You also have rights under the lemon laws if your car is out of commission for over a certain number of consecutive days; however, the catch here is that legally a "comparable" loaner is basically any car with four wheels and a motor!

Here's a link to state lemon laws:

Lemon Laws

Quick Reply: 997 S in shop for 7th time in 3 months!