Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 S in shop for 7th time in 3 months!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 01:35 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I heard, all manufacturers have a spare parts program. We (owners) may not want to face it, but they (the manufacturers) know their product (our cars) are just machines; plain and simple. And machines break...
Old 11-19-2004, 02:01 AM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dualblade
i don't see how this man can post a specific experience with a specific car and you can counter with "information" on a brand in general.

Like I said earlier... " I dropped the car off (early in the morning) at the dealership with a note telling them they could keep the car becuase it was trash and the title is in the arm rest. "

I understand that...some of us may not have the ablity to afford such a move but it gets the point across very well...even if it done with a good poker face and as a bluff.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:07 AM
tahoeblue
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Skip--
I was really surprised to read your post about the problems. Up to this point, I have recalled your posts being very positive. As one of the first to take delivery of the 997, your posts were glowing about the accolades of the new model, and made me want to buy one. Still seems to me that the positives you have posted have far outweighed the inconveninences of the negatives your describe.

I am disappointed you have trashed Porsche in your latest thread given all your past posts. Where do you really stand on this car?
Old 11-19-2004, 02:18 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I got mine two days after Skip (he was my inspiration!). I love it and, thankfully, I haven't had problems. But if I had to take it in 7 or 8 times for repairs already, I would hate it by now.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:43 AM
dualblade
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleNutz
Like I said earlier... " I dropped the car off (early in the morning) at the dealership with a note telling them they could keep the car becuase it was trash and the title is in the arm rest. "

I understand that...some of us may not have the ablity to afford such a move but it gets the point across very well...even if it done with a good poker face and as a bluff.
it was a great, ballsy move. some can't afford to do that (like me). some (like me, also) don't want to own a car from a company where they feel like they need to do that. it was great that they worked things out for you, but i'd like to see porsche step up to the plate and recall all the rms'. it was their poorly engineered part, and now i believe they have to suffer the consequences.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:39 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Skip, sorry about your "glitches". Blue S2 and Eric are correct:

PCNA + DSM = happy Skip

Write a certified letter to PCNA. Go get a piece of paper and START NOW!

Cheers

BTW, your "S" looks awesome in black
Old 11-19-2004, 04:16 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Skip - agree with above - get PCNA involved NOW. I would send a letter to PCNA, tell them about you - long time Porsche owner, current owner of ..... p-cars, active member of PCA and numerous owner groups, etc. Tell them how much you loved your 997S and how you shared your positive experiences with these groups. Then tell them about the problems and how the insanity of 7-8 trips to get it fixed has ruined your experience with the car, etc., etc. I would come across as a loyal customer, responsible / professional guy, but express your frustration with a little emotion. Don't mail it, FedEx it. I bet you will get some really, really quick attention. I'll PM you with a few more details.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:42 AM
tarpon1
Instructor

Skip-although a relative newcomer to this forum i just wanted to let you know that i have really appreciated your informative threads and awesome pictures over the past couple of months. i picked up my black/black 997S in late sept and have thankfully had no problems yet. it has been 15 long years since my last porsche and i am excited about diving back in. this forum has been very helpful in familiarizing me with the aspects of the various models and the associated pros and cons. one thing that has impressed me about this forum is that it does have a "club feel" and that the members are active in events as well. it was thru this forum that i learned about the porsche driving experience courses which i plan on doing to advance my abilities to the point where i can participate more actively in events. it should be evident you have alot of friends here and i would hope your problem is fixed quickly.
p.s. RR; i'm 45.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:21 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd agree with the suggestion......first a contact w/Dlr management.
Then.....Porsche Customer Commitment 1-800-767-7243

Also.....it would have been helpful to know the nature of some of the problems......I understand that bottom line here is 'stupid car' and 'worst experience'.....(and Rennlist is apparently a good place to vent) but more info might elicit more insightful responce..... as well as possibly benefit others.

If 911 ownership was a good fit for you.......then it's truly unfortunate it hasn't been more enjoyable.

I am curious about the reference to "all of the hype about Porsche quality"........so, was this a primary reason you chose this Porsche 911?

Irregardless........here's hoping you find your way to the end of this experience.

Last edited by GreggT; 11-19-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:27 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

RR,

Even in your wet dreams, you will never know or learn more about Porsche than Skip.

If you need to make ignorant comments than I suggest you be prepared for the backlash.

Good day!
Old 11-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

You know what, ive heard rumors, but im not 100% sure... Is PAG currently restrucuring their American dealers due stuff like this? I heard some changes are taking place. Mostly management, etc... Anyone know anything else? I thought i read something in Pano or Christophorous or somewhere...
Old 11-19-2004, 11:33 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 569 Likes on 261 Posts

Hmm, my interest has now been piqued with all the reported probs with early 997s. Skip, I certainly hope you will get that car lemoned and get a new 997S. With all the problems reported by ossi, skip, mrbonus (replaced tranny!), etc, I'm starting to wonder if these are isolated phenomenon or the tip of an iceberg? That being said...

How many 997 and 997S are out there that have NOT had problems. Let's hope it's a silent MAJORITY!
Old 11-19-2004, 11:39 AM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Smile Yer kidding right?

Originally Posted by GreggT
Also.....it would have been helpful to know the nature of some of the problems......I understand that bottom line here is 'stupid car' and 'worst experience'.....(and Rennlist is apparently a good place to vent) but more info might illicint more insightful responces..... as well as possibly benefit others.

If 911 ownership was a good fit for you.......then it's truly unfortunate it hasn't been more enjoyable. Is this your 1st Porsche experience?

I am curious about the reference to "all of the hype about Porsche quality"........so, was this a primary reason you chose a Porsche 911?

Irregardless........here's hoping you find your way to the end of this experience.
GreggT, you are spending WAAAAY to much time tugging on my finger...we can tell because you must be getting delirious to have asked such questions.
Especially your first and last question!

Quit pulling my finger and go back to the very first post in this thread,,,read it closely. Then click on the link to his web site (Skips Site)...I think this is VERY FAR from his first Porsche experience.

By the way, there is no such word as "irregardless".
Old 11-19-2004, 12:01 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robert Santangelo
RR,

Even in your wet dreams, you will never know or learn more about Porsche than Skip.

If you need to make ignorant comments than I suggest you be prepared for the backlash.

Good day!
Uhhhh oh! RR the gloves just came off. You better start tugg'n my finger and start puff'n on my butt gas right now...becuase you're about to get thrashed!

This forum can be down right ruthless when you don't know "wut da hell yer tawlk'n 'bout", or when you insult the wrong person.

You may just want to save your hide now and apologize, or shut the hell up! If not...I'm buy'n a bag of popcorn and bucket of chicken right now, to watch this azz-woop'n!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:04 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Doublenutz
Can I suggest you buy a new dictionary

Also.....sorry....not understanding the "tugging finger"discussion.

Yes I saw your reference to JD Powers rankings, 'premium' sports cars, yada yada....and I'll admit, in this day-n-age (and to the demographic Pcar now markets) these are apparently important factors (when considering a 911 vs Acura, C6, or other options).

Times have changed..........I remember when most of it was about going fast......the 911 wasn't really a good 'daily' (unless you had pretty good mechano talent or were on 1st name basis w/your wrench ).

Today's car is different, as is the customer, as is the expectation of 'quality'.

Again..........hope Skip can find resolution to his unfortunate experience.

Quick Reply: 997 S in shop for 7th time in 3 months!