Sponsored by:

confused about PASM vs chrono

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004 | 08:16 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Default confused about PASM vs chrono

As I understand the PASM, there are 2 suspension settings: normal and sport

the chrono package also has a sport suspension setting, is this the same sport setting or does the chrono package offer a different sport setting?
or....I am confused!
Old 11-16-2004 | 08:31 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

The PASM sport mode is for the suspension only, firming things up quite a bit. The SportChrono sport mode also enables the PASM sport mode, with addtional changes to the ECU, throttle, PSM, etc.

You can enable/disable PASM sport mode independently of the SportChrono. If you enable the SportChrono sport mode, PASM sport mode is on by default but can be turned off. I often do this as I enjoy the better engine response but don't need the stiffer ride. I have used PASM sport mode a few times when I thought the road conditions might warrant doing so, and when I wanted to remind myself how smooth the car is with PASM in normal mode.
Old 11-16-2004 | 09:21 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Thanks, now I understand
Old 11-16-2004 | 09:55 PM
997man
Intermediate

Get the Chronos...the throttle response is unbeatable, you will get use to the look of it because it breaks up the dash nicely and its quite functional on the twisties
Old 11-16-2004 | 11:24 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Skip in Boulder
...You can enable/disable PASM sport mode independently of the SportChrono. If you enable the SportChrono sport mode, PASM sport mode is on by default but can be turned off. I often do this as I enjoy the better engine response but don't need the stiffer ride. I have used PASM sport mode a few times when I thought the road conditions might warrant doing so, and when I wanted to remind myself how smooth the car is with PASM in normal mode.
Skip: Thanks for the explanation. The SportChrono default is wrong IMHO - it should not activate PASM Sport. I'm glad that PASM normal can still be chosen when SportChrono is on.

BTW... car electronics defaults should be able to be changed by the user.
Old 11-17-2004 | 11:59 AM
JonT
Racer

I don't see that the sport chrono package requires also selecting the PASM option though. Does it?

Jon, not like it matters to me since I'm about 60k short of buying one anyway
Old 11-17-2004 | 12:28 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

since the suspension setting options with PASM and the chrono package are the same, the chrono package then offers different throttle response, PSM response and owner selectable options for lights etc, is this correct?
Old 11-17-2004 | 01:37 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't think SportChrono requires PASM, but if both are present then they are linked. I would prefer that they not be as I like the SportChrono sport mode often but don't care much for the PASM sport mode on most roads. In fact, I wish that these settings had "memory" that retained the settings when the car was turned off.

mal28, as far as I know the SportChrono sport mode is "on or off", with nothing that can be set or tuned by the driver. I'm not sure about the lights, and honestly didn't even know that SportChrono had any effect on the lights.

Quick Reply: confused about PASM vs chrono