Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Rack Says NO! GO to DEALER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 10:00 PM
997man
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Rack Says NO! GO to DEALER!!!

Well 2000 miles of pure fun came abruptly to an end when I picked up a 1" wide by 2" long by 4mm wide piece of metalroad debri in my rear tire.!!! Thank God I stopped in time (1 good thing for rush hour trafic) and the rim is perfect!!!! But the tire...not so good... So no SPARE...DO I call "Roadside" or do I try to get the car home.......I pulled out my 2 plug kits and 5 plugs later it was air tight and safe in My Garage.
So , as usual, I call "the Rack", give my VIN#, Confirm tire size and designation and told $400each but then when trying to write up.........NO!!! WE will not sell u tire!!!! GO to DEALER!!! They would only sell it to the dealer and the dealer had to place the order....(what a waste of time and $)
Final Result $500 for tire+100 forinstalation....Thanx Tire Rack!!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 10:21 PM
997man
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did I say Dealer...I meant "Stealer"
Old 11-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

yep ...this is being discussed through out the board......here's from the 993 forum...kind of interesting:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=tire+rack
Old 11-16-2004, 08:37 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't bought from the rack - too many stories like this one out there. Many rumors of "B stock" goods - especially on the new PS2 tires. Many M3 guys have had major problems with the PS2s from the rack being out of round.

I went to my local tire shop (they have probably 12 stores in the region) and they looked up the rack's pricing and matched it. They got me the PS2s within a few days and they are perfect.

I just couldn't imagine having to ship tires back and forth if there was a problem. And with me paying the same price, I also got free installation, free repair service, etc. Can't beat it.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:09 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Ron: Which tire retailer do you use? I cannot find anyone who will match Tire Rack prices, not withstanding the new policy of not selling Porsche specified tires to us common folks.

Quick Reply: Tire Rack Says NO! GO to DEALER!!!