Sponsored by:

997S Noise - Is it normal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 159 Posts

I have the same noise in my '06 997S.
To me it seems like it's coming from the rear suspension, but I don't notice it after the car has warmed up...only when it's first run in the morning.
It really doesn't sound like anything's "wrong" to me. Or, maybe I'm just rationalizing. At any rate - I've kind of learned to live with it - no big deal.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:16 PM
ryanawesome
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

every porsche model has its own characteristic noises. please do yourselves a favor. realize that you are not driving a luxury car. theese are high performance vehicles that happen to be comfortable. please treat it as such and save yourself the worry of every little noise or rattle. enjoy the car for what it was designed for!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:42 PM
mdonline
Instructor

Originally Posted by ryanawesome
every porsche model has its own characteristic noises. please do yourselves a favor. realize that you are not driving a luxury car. theese are high performance vehicles that happen to be comfortable. please treat it as such and save yourself the worry of every little noise or rattle. enjoy the car for what it was designed for!
I agree with you to a certain extent. But when you put down 100k for a car, sports or luxury or truck, it shouldn't make any annoying noise. Loud exhaust note is highly desirable, engine growl is much welcome, but little hissing noise or cereal cracking noise is downright annoying.

My noise came from the sunroof. A little grease and it went away. Now can hear the exhaust note without interference the way it is meant to be heard.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:45 PM
ryanawesome
Advanced

my fault, i should of elaborated, i meant as far as suspension noises and such. and im pretty sure the owners manual does mention that the car can have interrior noises and rattles due to the nature of the vehicles characteristics.

Quick Reply: 997S Noise - Is it normal?