Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Keyed

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Mr. slick
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really just don't understand people who do things to random peoples car. Just because they were able to purchase a nice car, I don't understand why you would get he urge to vandalize it. If it was the car guy, then I atleast understand his reasoning for doing it, he screwed me so I'm gonna screw him, but I just don't see any reason in a random person doing this.

In high school i had the fender on my car beat in. It was no porsche or anything but I loved that car all the same. The car was perfect before that, I took great care of it. I thought I knew who did it but couldn't prove it to press charges, all I wanted to do was beat the crap out of the kid, but now looking back am glad I didn't.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 150 Posts

I feel for you...one of my cars (previously perfect; not a scratch or ding ever) is in the body shop right now to have the entire left side painted (blending into the hood and roof) due to a keying.

Unfortunately, there really is no alternative other than painting the panel and blending into adjacent panels; with the paint and clearcoat only being a millimeter or two thick, if you can feel the ridge, it's not something that will buff out.

Do some research for good body shops in your area...don't be fooled by "manufacturer authorized" shops or shops with the most fancy cars...they do some of the worst work, at least here in Los Angeles. Good luck...
Old 11-01-2004, 09:24 PM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the support. Dealer's body shop said it needed to be painted and the price is reasonable. I'll get a couple more opinions.

Tarpon1 - hope things work out for you. One more reason to put an aggrivation in its proper perspective.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:20 PM
netdoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you feel. Sorry to hear... Someone did the same to my 2003 SL500 when it was only a week old. Entire Passenger side from front fender to rear.. the whole side had to be repainted... I can never understand what drives people to do that.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:33 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll bet he was the guy. You should confront him like a police interrogation would. Tell him a neighbor(or source) saw him do it and ask him why he would do such a thing? He may crack. If he adamantly denies it then say that you'll talk to your source again and get back to him If after, you really think he didn't do it then apologize and say that you think your source got it wrong. It's probably too late now.

Recently I saw a brand new BMW 5 series with a deep scratch down the side in a shopping mall parking lot. It really got me thinking about where I park my cars. It can be a real PIA. Seems like you never can be too careful these days.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:11 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Originally Posted by SrfCity
I'll bet he was the guy. You should confront him like a police interrogation would. Tell him a neighbor(or source) saw him do it and ask him why he would do such a thing? He may crack. If he adamantly denies it then say that you'll talk to your source again and get back to him If after, you really think he didn't do it then apologize and say that you think your source got it wrong. It's probably too late now.

Recently I saw a brand new BMW 5 series with a deep scratch down the side in a shopping mall parking lot. It really got me thinking about where I park my cars. It can be a real PIA. Seems like you never can be too careful these days.
Interrogate him like Michael Corleone interrogated Carlo.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:35 PM
SoCal Alan
Advanced

Which one was Carlo? Michael's brother-in-law?
Old 11-14-2004, 02:31 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by ADias
Such animal should be beaten on the public square.

unmercilously FLOGGED with a cat of nine tails
Old 11-19-2004, 07:41 PM
DonneyJ
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your keying. Silver is noticible My previous car was silver my new TT is black It's hardly noticible especially when it's dirty. Your car is easily repaited in the UK there are a few companies and there work...Dentmaster is one I think (a franchise I believe) is unbelievable.... repairs are invisible so don't take it to badly it will be sorted in no time.

DonnyJ

Quick Reply: Car Keyed