used 997 for sale at HBL Tysons in Mclean, VA

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 12:17 PM
parkman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default used 997 for sale at HBL Tysons in Mclean, VA

Hey, I was just out jogging this morning and saw a 997S model in black for sale at the local dealership. It had 19's on it and it looked awesome. they're asking for 99k. it has 75 miles on it. is this a good deal? anyhow, i'm probably gonna wait another couple of years to see what kind of potential problems there are with this car before I jump in on one so if anyone's interested go check it out. I took a pic with my cell phone but don't know how to upload it on this site. if anyone wants one I can email it to them through the phone. i'm too lazy to email it to myself and upload it here.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Darren911
Racer

99k - not a good deal! should be at least 5-8k off msrp
This car will get wacked $$$wise in 4 months or so be patient you will be greatfull you were
Old 10-05-2004, 02:56 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

agreed, value will drop soon once hype is over...Way to high for what it is...
Old 10-05-2004, 03:32 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

That's an "HBL Deal". Surprised they didn't have a price tag of $115k on it.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Gk1
Intermediate

I doubt they're considering this a "used" car. Sounds like the same spec S car all dealers received, with some test-drive miles.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if its already been titled, you could pick up a new unregistered one at the same price

dealers do this to 'pad' their monthly sales numbers sometimes... very bad

you could pick up a new full spec 997S for the same price, rediculous.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:04 AM
cabman4007
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

HBL wheels and deals,, see Pat Driscoll and I bet you get at least 6 percent off the MSRP.

HBL is owned by Roger Pensky and is very proactive in getting cars sold and does whatever it takes to beat the competition.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Putt-Putt
Pro

Received 251 Likes on 121 Posts

I find the Pensky dealerships to be the biggest ripoff artists in my area.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:05 AM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Yeah Cabman, they definitely wheel and deal - do a quick search on my nice experience "wheeling and dealing" with them.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:20 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. That is a ridiculous price. Save your money and order a 997 from another dealership. That way you can spec it out exactly as you want it too.

And if you really like HBL that much just let me know -- I have a bunch of HBL license plate frames (from past cars, 2 MBs and 1 Porsche) that I can give you. No one needs to know you didn't pay through the nose.

.:programmatore:.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:02 PM
RSA333
Racer

I have to agree that Patrick Driscoll is the person to talk to at HBL. Yes, they have their problems (especially in the past), but are, for better or worse, emerging as the largest Porsche dealer in the DC area.

I miss the old Heismman's in Arlington. It is not the same anymore after change of ownership. Rockville Porsche is okay, but Tischer in Silver Spring is not recommended by me.

--------------

92 RSA
93 911 Turbo S2
80 SC
Old 10-06-2004, 09:45 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA333
I have to agree that Patrick Driscoll is the person to talk to at HBL. Yes, they have their problems (especially in the past), but are, for better or worse, emerging as the largest Porsche dealer in the DC area.
I think that is a big part of their problem and the reason why I stopped going to HBL -- they're growing too fast.

It used to be that you dropped your car off for service in the morning and it is ready that afternoon. Now you have to schedule an appointment, drop your car off, wait 30 minutes to an hour for a loaner car (depending on how early you get there) and you never get the car back when promised! Sometimes it is 3 or more days late!! It wouldn't bother me so much if they had a fleet of Cayennes or Boxsters for loaners... who the heck here enjoys driving a piece of crap subcompact with manual door locks and windows!

Sorry for the off-topic rant but I believe that one should also consider the service department when deciding from which dealership to buy his or her car.

.:programmatore:.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:04 PM
parkman
Addict
Rennlist Member

programmatore you are definitely right in the service dep't. I recently dropped off my girlfriends audi and she got a kia for her loaner. no power locks and roll up manual windows. car is gonna be in teh shop for 7 days plus the additional HBL days. The only reason I mentioned this deal is because a) I live really close to it and jog past it every morning drooling over the 997s and b) some people might be willing to pay a premium for the car to get it a few months early. evidently they have now lowered the price to 94k obo. regardless i'll probably wait a year or two before getting one. everyone on my row (I live in a townhouse complex) has 996's or 993's (cool huh!) and we've all agreed never to buy the first year make of a porsche (or any car for that matter) so most of us are gonna wait til next year or even two from now before getting into the 997. It looks fabulous though! maybe tomorrow morning i'll bring my digicam out and take some pics for anyone who's interested.

thanks for all the responses!

Quick Reply: used 997 for sale at HBL Tysons in Mclean, VA