997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few Questions

Old 09-12-2004, 11:37 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seal grey is worst of all colors! Bla and boring to look at at any angle or any light. My friend has an 04 C2 in Atlas Grey and it looks awesome. Everyone who sees it says wow! I also saw a GT3 in Atlas and holy cr..! I am also sick of black and silver. (even my artic silver)! Polar Silver is cool too!

Money biz, Move to OC not L.A. I grew up in L.A. and OC is a much better life by far! Beautiful place to live. I can give you info on mosty of the cities there if you like some insider info!

Robert
Old 09-12-2004, 04:22 PM
qirex
Racer

I'm prolly going to order a 997S after the hooplah has died down...mebbe even pick up a used 05 after the convertibles start trickling in.

I'm all for white. I think it looks a lot more "exotic" than the gray/silvers.

I presently drive a SIlverstone 350Z. Its a great color, but most Zs i see are silver. I get a thrill from seeing a white or blue Z. So methinks i'll stay away from gray. I've seen the red cars in the porsche presskit, but dont see any guards red option on the porsche site.

BTW do the 997S come with leather standard? If not are there 2 diff full leather interior options? The porsche car configurator seems overly confusing regarding this issue - I guess I'll have to go to hoehn and check it out. However, i dont think they have ANY cars left.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:52 PM
nyca
Three Wheelin'

Received 707 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyBiz
It would be not as common. I am still trying to figure that out myself. In NY black is cool but there are too many black and black 997's so I am not sure. Toilet bowl white makes me a little uneasy. Where in NY are you?
long island. I've had it with black, too hard to keep clean (even for just a weekend driver). and silver is too common. but you are correct, some whites can look like an appliance color.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:10 AM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nyca
what do people think of white as a color for the 997?
I think white is great. I especially love the white GT3 with the blue striping and wheel trim. A white Porsche looks more like a racing car just before it has its decals applied!
Old 09-13-2004, 03:33 AM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Originally Posted by nyca
long island. I've had it with black, too hard to keep clean (even for just a weekend driver). and silver is too common. but you are correct, some whites can look like an appliance color.
Where do you get your custom work done? I heard AI Design is good for stereos and they do performance work for Porsches.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:28 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

I myself am going to order a white 997s early next year.
White is rare, not very popular, but everytime you see one, they look sweet.

Off topic, did anyone hear of the train hitting a car carrier in Ventura, CA on Sunday that was carrying vintage porsches?
Old 09-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Mike in O.C.
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarmG993
I myself am going to order a white 997s early next year.
White is rare, not very popular, but everytime you see one, they look sweet.

Off topic, did anyone hear of the train hitting a car carrier in Ventura, CA on Sunday that was carrying vintage porsches?
Yup. Vintage Porsche Speedsters on a transport were sent flying at a railroad crossing when the transport truck got stuck and the train crashed into it. The pictures are pretty sad.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Not good at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Few Questions