Sponsored by:

Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 08:09 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

infestation, if it makes you feel any better, my car was in the shop on Monday. On Sunday it beeped and the display read "Sytem Fault, Go To Workshop", or something like that. I stopped, tried turning it off and on, and it came back. I checked all the fuses and the car drove fine, but the message persisted. The funny thing is that if you hit the stalk to acknowledge the message, you get a red "!" which is even more annoying. I drove more cautiously, but the car was fine and I figured it must be a glitcth.

The mechanic at the dealer confirmed that there was a "steering angle fault" that had been somehow triggered, and ended up coding in several subsytems. He was able to clear them all out except for the one in the air conditioner, and why the AC cares about the steering is beyond me! He also sent a report to Porsche and told me that it may take a few software updates to get things completely sorted. Apparently the Cayenne had quite a few, so it's not without precedent.

Now knowing the internet all too well, I'm sure that some bozos will take the above out of context and use if for 997 bashing. If you're one of those morons, go for it, but if I find you doing so I'll be doing my best to discredit your lame little butt. Sorry for the tough language, but I've seen all too often how a few idiot losers can react to this sort of thing on a chat board.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 150 Posts

Youre a real pioneer Skip, and I respect that. Hope it goes smoothly for you and Porsche. God knows we will all end up in newer cars someday as well.
-Richard
Old 09-03-2004, 08:59 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are quite a few morons out there aren't there!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Austin-

Yeah- the Cayenne has had more than a few software updates- but you have more than a couple P-cars, so you know they will figure it out. Have been very pleased with Porsche's service, as well as my dealer.

And I am right there with you about folks taking something on a chat room and taking it completely out of context. I generally wade in myself and beat on the trolls.....
Old 09-04-2004, 02:36 AM
infestation
Instructor

Skip,

When my spoiler wouldn't go up on Tuesday, it generated a computer fault. When the head technician hooked it up to the computer there were over 80-something computer faults, but he simply reset everything and it worked fine.

I just got home this evening from doing some driving, and I must say that this car is truly incredibly in every way--the power, handing, and suspension are absolutely superb. And yes, for those of you who have been asking, PASM does make a huge, huge difference.

Last edited by infestation; 09-04-2004 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Coolant Leak