Got a speeding ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 01:58 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got a speeding ticket today

In my 2000 328ci...havent had one in over 2 years.

Been thinking if I plan on buying my 997S I'll be a ticket magnet. Just kind of gave me second thoughts.... You know how it is after a ticket you kind of second guess everytime you want "light it up" a bit. I dont drive like I own the road or without regards to others and I think the ticket was not warrented (yes I was speeding, yada yada yada I know).

Just kinda bored and curious about any other speeding stories out there! A radar detector probably would have saved me, which I will definately spend top $ for if/when I get the 997s.

And while I'm here, anyone in SF bay area could recommend a good place to drag (legally ) preferrably in the South Bay? I know about Thunderhill but its way up by Chico I think, also Sonoma and Laguna (but I dont know their policies/procedures still a little far from San Jose)... I also want to track/autocross.

-Dekard
Old 07-14-2004, 04:56 PM
sjsharks
Racer

I found out the hard way that the CHP in Northern California have a few white Camaros in their stable.

I thought the car behind me was trying to race me, ended up getting nailed for 110 in my S2000.

Wont make that mistake again.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

at least in NH, if you do not feel comfortable stopping for the car trying to pull you over, you have the right to drive to the nearest police station..
Old 07-15-2004, 04:48 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Alfie
at least in NH, if you do not feel comfortable stopping for the car trying to pull you over, you have the right to drive to the nearest police station..
Good lord if I could do that where I live that would make the local news! "Excuse me orificer I will drive 10 miles to the closest police station because I dont like the way you looked at me "

At any rate the first thing thats going in my 997 will be a brand new Valentine1 with the additional laser reflector.. but the cop that got me was just using radar , im sure their dept will upgrade soon....
Old 07-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still trying to figure out why the icon for this thread is a ' '

heheh...
Old 07-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Valentine One should be standard equipment!

Mine has saved me mucho dinero (tickets, insurance hikes, hassle) over the years.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:35 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

As far as drag races go- Infineon Raceway(Sear's Point) at Sonoma has Wednesday nite drags. You can check out Infineon's website and look into the details with what the times are and costs but I believe it's cheap and you get a timeslip and all. I don't do autocrosses but do quite a few Driver events. Great outfits to run with is Speedventures/Greenflag Driving Association-check their website and schedule. Majority of the time I run HPDE with NASA(www.nasaproracing.com). Membership runs like $35-45 per year and you get free subscription to "Autoweek" and "Grassroots" and member car and other updates and HPDE events run $149. If you never tracked before go with Group 1 with NASA-you'll get an instructor to show you the ropes). The other outfits- call and ask if there are instructors- some do/some don't) Regards. Mike
Old 07-16-2004, 11:26 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by 996FLT6
As far as drag races go- Infineon Raceway(Sear's Point) at Sonoma has Wednesday nite drags. You can check out Infineon's website and look into the details with what the times are and costs but I believe it's cheap and you get a timeslip and all. I don't do autocrosses but do quite a few Driver events. Great outfits to run with is Speedventures/Greenflag Driving Association-check their website and schedule. Majority of the time I run HPDE with NASA(www.nasaproracing.com). Membership runs like $35-45 per year and you get free subscription to "Autoweek" and "Grassroots" and member car and other updates and HPDE events run $149. If you never tracked before go with Group 1 with NASA-you'll get an instructor to show you the ropes). The other outfits- call and ask if there are instructors- some do/some don't) Regards. Mike

Does Infineon do the Wednesday night drags the whole year or just summer/spring?

And thanks for the info.
Dekard
Old 07-18-2004, 02:22 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Dekard just check the Infineon Raceway schedule on their website and that should hook you up as times for the drag wednesdays. Mike

Quick Reply: Got a speeding ticket today