Sponsored by:

Door leak fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 05:20 PM
chakka
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Door leak fix

As others have noted, this can be an issue with the 997. So, here’s my fix and notes.

To remove the door panel I followed:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l-removal.html

notes:
- make sure to tape off or cover the door sill as well as the areas you are using your plastic removal tools
-the leather & trim can scrape very easily
- the round cap behind the door handle pops out by pushing at the bottom(6 o’clock)
- I used pieces of tape around the frame of the inner door before using my plastic trim removal tool
-helpful to have a second set of hands when the inner door comes off, while unplugging connectors

Removing door carrier I used:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...er_Removal.htm

notes:
- some of the plugs are tricky, as most of them disconnect differently
-the ones inside the door push in to release, but not easy to remove(here is a pic of them)You push the black tab where my thumb is.

Old 06-05-2024, 05:37 PM
chakka
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

This is what the seal looked like when I removed the door panel.

You can see the seal is shot

Removed carrier panel

Used a plastic rounded trim removal tool, then spayed with goo gone, plastic tool and ready for new seal.

Once cleaned up, I took alcohol wipe, wiped it done and installed a new seal.
Amazon Amazon

Then, went even further. Created using a liner & waterproof tape(noted by another RL’er)
Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon

New seal

Liner

When re-installing, tuck the extra material into the door which directs the water past the seal to the bottom, inside the door, towards the door drains. If you remove the square rubber covers on the underside of the door, you can make sure the plastic is in position.

I think the new seal is likely enough, but figured it was worth adding the plastic curtain, since it was apart. Poured last night, no more wet carpet! Whole process took me 2.5 hrs.

Quick Reply: Door leak fix