Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any feedback/review of these Recaro Pole Position ABE seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 06:20 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,100 Likes on 411 Posts

Yes, you can sit in my seats and check them out. Text me the dates you will be in town. We'll figure something out.

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn

@Busta Rib Jim, if we meet up in Bend next month, would love to sit in your LWB and get directions to the shop in your town that customizes shells.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:54 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 641 Likes on 303 Posts

Let me propose an idea, way left field:

Take some time to find a pair of Recaro A8s which can be had for around $3-4k used.

The best of all worlds, and incredibly rare for talking points:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404927519934

Old 05-22-2024, 09:00 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 485 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by hexagone
Let me propose an idea, way left field:

Take some time to find a pair of Recaro A8s which can be had for around $3-4k used.

The best of all worlds, and incredibly rare for talking points:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404927519934
Wow, never seen these before! Very.... interesting? Looks like they jammed an Expert M and Pole Position together haha!

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 05-24-2024, 01:18 PM
cloud9blue
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 43 Posts

Give Tillett B5 a look. I ordered a set from them directly and should be here in early July. The carbon shell finish will match up the carbon interior in my car nicely.

Old 05-31-2024, 12:11 AM
rsalicrup
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 66 Posts

Love the Pole positions. I’m 5’11” and 240 lbs and I fit in them really well. My son has them in his car in which I drive regularly. I also have a bad back and these seat help with my back a lot. Getting in and out is not as easy but I can handle it. Was considering the Cobra Nogaro which are designed more towards street use but my son is about to sell his car and gave me the seats.
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (05-31-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 05:11 PM
gaiakai
AutoX

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rsalicrup
Love the Pole positions. I’m 5’11” and 240 lbs and I fit in them really well. My son has them in his car in which I drive regularly. I also have a bad back and these seat help with my back a lot. Getting in and out is not as easy but I can handle it. Was considering the Cobra Nogaro which are designed more towards street use but my son is about to sell his car and gave me the seats.
How much space do you have to access the rear seats with those Pole Positions in there? Is it completely inaccessible or just enough to have a human squeeze in?
Old 05-31-2024, 05:25 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 485 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by gaiakai
How much space do you have to access the rear seats with those Pole Positions in there? Is it completely inaccessible or just enough to have a human squeeze in?
Just depends on where you have your front seats, the RECARO Pole Positions are thinner than OEM so theoretically if you were in the same position, your backseat would have more room due to a thinner RECARO seat.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
gaiakai (05-31-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 06:11 PM
rsalicrup
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by gaiakai
I haven’t installed them in the 997 but they are still in the M3 which is a coupe (bigger doors than 997). Even with the seat all the way forward, my youngest son (13 year old scrawny little thing) can barely squeeze in there. Granted the way you install the seats plays a role on this. My son has them all the way down but tilted back to the max.
gaiakai (05-31-2024)
Old 06-01-2024, 11:43 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,343 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Hootsama
Well my friend Mr. @Liste-Renn you have me confused with someone else, as I almost certainly have the least amount of seat time in ***, LWB, FLWB, aftermarket, etc. I have no informed opinion on what will suit you best, aside from a respectful suggestion that, based on your previous remarks, you make this decision based on the feel from the driver seat, not the view through the back window.

As for the modding debate, you have the luxury of keeping your OEM parts in inventory which I feel is the best way to future-proof yourself. You have an amazing car in terrific spec and condition and while I can't imagine you'll sell it anytime soon, things change and there is real value in being able to offer it in OEM trim.

Cheers and happy hunting.
Thanks for the excellent feedback despite my case of mistaken (or maybe the autocomplete function chose you when searching for a name) identity.
@hexagone was the guy who has sat in both seats and provided a nice comparison in post #7, up above.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 06-01-2024 at 11:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Any feedback/review of these Recaro Pole Position ABE seats?