Best brake all-in-one kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 07:28 AM
mattymatt
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best brake all-in-one kit

O6 c2s

I'm looking for a good all around complete kit including all hardware. I've read lots of post about specific pads and rotors but not about complete kits and I'd rather not piecemeal it myself.

The few I've come across that are within my budget are from fcpeuro. The links are attached below.

They are not ceramic pads but I would prefer ceramic mostly because I am getting wheels and calipers powder coated and I'd rather not have the dust. BUTTT I don't want to trade that for less sensitive brakes/pedal feel or squish. I also do not track the car.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you in advance -Matt

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...ebro-997brkt41

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...mann-997brkt21

Last edited by mattymatt; 03-27-2024 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Wrong link in description
Old 03-27-2024, 12:29 PM
Rhern213
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 71 Posts

For a car you'll only be street driving those are both pretty much good identical options, they're all good quality OEM replacement brands there won't be any difference for you.
Brake pedal feel on street pads has much more to do with good brake fluid and a proper flush/bleeding. I would go for the least expensive kit.
If you're doing a complete brake refresh I would also replace the brake lines with stainless steel. It's just an additional $100-$150 and will help maintain better pedal feel and fluid pressure.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:36 PM
alaris
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 68 Posts

I’d go with endless SSM Plus pads for less brake dust and good streetability.

I know it seems daunting to not have an all in one kit but you just need rotors, pads, and sensors.

If you’re set on having a kit, either of those would be fine.

Last edited by alaris; 03-27-2024 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:59 AM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

I just installed the Sebro kit on my Cayenne, and it was identical to the Porsche parts that were replaced. I don’t do aftermarket brakes for anything. The compromises made in those components have let me down nearly every time I’ve tried them over the years. The low dust options have had less initial bite than OE, which for me is unacceptable.

I also care about corrosion coatings on the hat, the Sebro kit was very good (OE) in this regard.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:38 AM
mattymatt
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JAGMAN1
I just installed the Sebro kit on my Cayenne, and it was identical to the Porsche parts that were replaced. I don’t do aftermarket brakes for anything. The compromises made in those components have let me down nearly every time I’ve tried them over the years. The low dust options have had less initial bite than OE, which for me is unacceptable.

I also care about corrosion coatings on the hat, the Sebro kit was very good (OE) in this regard.
Thank you. This is good to hear because I park the car about 200 feet from the ocean and my rotors always get corrosion.

Old 03-28-2024, 06:07 PM
Der Mechaniker
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by alaris
I’d go with endless SSM Plus pads for less brake dust and good streetability.

I know it seems daunting to not have an all in one kit but you just need rotors, pads, and sensors.

If you’re set on having a kit, either of those would be fine.
I totally agree but would also suggest adding some rotor retaining screws ( cheap to have on hand in case needed) and depending how ocd one is, theoretically you’re supposed to replace the caliper retaining bolts each time ( lots of opinions either way on this , understood !)

Quick Reply: Best brake all-in-one kit