Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door cards? Those with customized interiors.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 07:34 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 176 Posts

Has someone posted a step by step on how to add whatever material to the door cards once the door panel is removed? Beyond removing or melting or cutting the plastic rivets.

As in, are people removing the leather and glueing other material or just glueing onto the existing material?

I plan on using the oem 991 50th anniversary pepita material and not sure what the best way to apply.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:50 PM
bogotajoe
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 43 Posts

I did mine myself. I basically loosened all the parts where than leather needed to go under. I did not take all of the parts off just loosen them. Enough to slide the leather under. Then made a mold out of paper. Then I transferred the mold to, my material which was leather on the top and alcantara on the bottom.

Door panel. Leather on top alacantara on bottom

This is a flat felt seam The end of the door is the hardest part

Junction near door spear which was removed.

This is the area around the smaller speaker. I loosened only the area where the Material goes under. I left the rest intact.

This is the doorhandle covered in leather with a French stitch

This is a picture of the door handle, showing that the outer surfaces, leather, and the inner surface Alcantara.

I stitched those two pieces together. Then I glued everything onto the door panel. I also redid the door handle and Leather because it was a little rough. Next one I do will make video.

Quick Reply: Door cards? Those with customized interiors.