Sponsored by:

PCCM+ White Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2024, 05:11 PM
Wcube
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheCambs
I have also tried many different options to try and solve the white noise, it seems you have been down a similar path.

I tried one of the these variable attenuation step downs, but they are designed to output a phono level, and the ASK amplifier is unusual in the it takes speaker level input: “Connects LP3-4 LocPRO Series 4-Channel Line Output Converter for OEM or Aftermarket amplifiers”

Both the Connects2 LP3-4 LocPRO and the CTAMPASSTHROUGH are a complete impedance mismatch with way too much attuation and the audio quality is dreadful.

Regarding the in-line resistors:
I tried 4ohm, 8 ohm and 12ohm. It needs 12ohm to work well with the 0-30 volume range.
Sound quality is excellent, using USB with mp3 at 256-bit.

No problems with heat, I did trial 8 resistors at 6ohm, as I too was worried about heat. But 8 resistors is quite bulky.

The quoted unit 45W x4 will be peak, converting to RMS, it is more like ~30 watts per channel.

You can get higher wattage resistors, 50 watt, but they are bulky.
Can you post some pictures of this setup?
Old 07-13-2024, 06:14 PM
PorscheCambs
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve put the unit back together now, I will try and post a video clip when I get a chance, I have the before with white noise, I need to record a demo after to show audio quality and when unit is muted, white noise removed (allowing for the fact my phone is recording the whole process).

Quick Reply: PCCM+ White Noise