Sponsored by:

First World Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 02:02 PM
Carfan1
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default First World Problem

I was an early adopter of the PCCM+ and except for not being able to find a competent service place to get a camera activated I've been quite pleased with the system. I barely put 3-5k miles a year and so the camera isn't essential but it would be nice.

As the weather improved this summer I found myself driving a little bit more than often including taking a drive just to drive. This is where my problem has come up. I have a work phone that is secure and as a result I can't use Android Auto or download music etc. My personal phone however allows me to use AA with no issues as well as stream music.

Here's the issue. While out for a drive I don't want to miss a work call but I'd like to be able to stream music, podcasts etc.

How can I set the PCCM+ so that the work phone will receive phone calls and still use the personal phone for music and maps? On my daily driver, you can have two phones connected at once -- one only for calls and the other for calls, music and maps.

Missing personal calls would be okay. I don't need to take personal calls while the work phone is connected . So a solution that gets me the ability to get work calls while in the Porsche and still have access to AA is ideal. Not sure why, but forwarding the work phone to the personal phone is not an option.

Perhaps there is something deep in the system menu that might allow this?
Old 11-06-2023, 03:23 PM
th535is
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I only have one phone so haven't attempted to try this but have you tried to bluetooth pair your work phone to the pccm+ at the same time your personal phone is plugged in for android auto (assuming you didn't mess with any of the wireless carplay workarounds)? You'd probably want to turn bluetooth off on your personal phone if you've already paired that one to pccm+. No idea if this will work but worth a shot.
Old 11-06-2023, 03:37 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 421 Posts

Do you have a aux on the PCCM+?

You could get a Bluetooth unit that connects to aux for this and switch to aux when a call comes in.
Old 11-06-2023, 05:24 PM
Carfan1
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

No Aux on the PCCM+. At least not one that I have seen. The bluetooth phone and plugged in phone for Android Auto has worked for the first 10 - 15 mins of a drive. Some time longer other times shorter. But when it disconnects the car doesn't won't to work with either without rebooting the phones.

Quick Reply: First World Problem