WTB - SportDesign steering wheel w/ paddles

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 11:26 AM
trassalpl
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts
Default WTB - SportDesign steering wheel w/ paddles

Hi everyone,

I recently replaced my 997.2 TT with a 997.2 C2S with PDK. The spec is amazing, with one exception: my Turbo had the SportDesign wheel with paddle shifters, and that was perfect for my taste. The C2S on the other hand, was spec'd with a multi-function wheel and I didn't like that wheel before my Turbo, like it even less now. I down shift when trying to upshift (which is the main issue for me), I don't like the look, and I don't care for the MF buttons (I basically only use the volume scroll wheel, and I can extend my right arm for that).
So I reach out to my Porsche Barcelona, and it turns out they stopped selling the SportDesign wheel in Natural Brown (they only offer in black now). Since the car has Natural Brown leather pretty much everywhere, I would really prefer finding an OE wheel in that colour (another option is to buy one in any colour and have it rewrapped in matching leather colour, but I worry the colour won't match exactly and that it will not look as nice as the original does).

So, if anyone has a SportDesign wheel in Natural Brown with paddle shifters, I might be interested to buy it from you if the price is right.

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2023, 12:27 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 421 Posts

You can always find it here: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU997PDKBSW.html

I also deleted my MF when I did my 991.2 wheel swap.

Funny thing is I thought I never used my volume on the wheel… boy was I wrong.

I catch myself trying to thumb the blank now.

Old 08-29-2023, 12:34 PM
trassalpl
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the reply, and your wheel looks great! Yes, Suncoastparts is the only place where I've found it so far, but once you include shipping and the taxes I will pay once it gets to Spain, it's a $3,114 wheel, which is a bit steep. So I'm interested to hear if someone is looking to part with theirs.

I haven't mentioned the other two options I'm considering:
- rewiring the existing wheel so that it downshifts on the left and upshifts on the right: not my favourite option (as I would be stuck with the ugly wheel and crappy buttons), and a bit of DIY involved, but for sure the cheapest
- replacing with a 991.1 or 991.2 MF or non-MF wheel with paddles: not ideal either because it wasn't made in Natural Brown (except for someone who went through Porsche Exclusive), and also involves DIY.

Quick Reply: WTB - SportDesign steering wheel w/ paddles