Sponsored by:

997.2 approved tires - and Porsche USAs odd stance

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 02:19 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

BUY 1, GET 1 FREE

I am not advocating any specific brand of tire - but I do have a Discount Code if you want to purchase Continental Extreme Contact Force 200 Treadwear R Compound tires through www.TrackDayTire.com

I ran these tires on my 997.2 GTS at COTA last month and they stuck very well, improved my lap times, cornering times and reduced my braking distance over Michelin Pilot Sport 4s noticeably. And after a full track weekend, they still look great.

I have used TireRack.com since they were started, but really like how www.TrackDayTire.com boxes the tires up to ship them out. TireRack just wraps plastic strips around them and they arrive exposed to everything.

If you need new tires, check out www.TrackDayTire.com and use Discount Code MICHAELVIP to buy 3 Continental Extreme Contact Force tires and Get 1 FREE. These tires are a joint venture between Continental and Hoosier, so they are definitely oriented towards great performance, but with greater treadwear. The fronts will be exact size, the rears will be slightly wider.

Discount code should be good through the end of the year.

Last edited by ThomasCarreraGTS; 09-01-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Quick Reply: 997.2 approved tires - and Porsche USAs odd stance