Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with my PCM

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2023 | 04:15 PM
Five0m3
7th Gear

Default Issue with my PCM

So I just recently purchase my 2007 997.1 c2. First time driving at night I noticed when I turn my headlights on the PCM display goes black and starts to flicker. It works perfectly normal when the headlights are switched off. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1766.mov (13.19 MB, 18 views)
Old 05-15-2023 | 09:31 AM
JABowders
Instructor

Several steps to troubleshoot. There is a dimmer aspect to the PCM when the lights are on most notably when looking at the navigation. Do you know if a former owner had an aftermarket Head Unit in? Is it only the screen that is affected or does the unit power on/off as it flickers? I would start by checking all the connectors and ensure the connector pins and sockets are set properly and clean. (Time consuming).
Old 05-15-2023 | 10:52 AM
Five0m3
7th Gear

Originally Posted by JABowders
Several steps to troubleshoot. There is a dimmer aspect to the PCM when the lights are on most notably when looking at the navigation. Do you know if a former owner had an aftermarket Head Unit in? Is it only the screen that is affected or does the unit power on/off as it flickers? I would start by checking all the connectors and ensure the connector pins and sockets are set properly and clean. (Time consuming).
i don’t if the previous owner had one. The car was completely stock but could be possible. No it doesn’t power off because I can adjust volume and change radio stations. I’m going to end up bringing it the shop to get it checked out.

Quick Reply: Issue with my PCM