Looking for numeric shifter to try out

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 09:41 AM
Dr_Bandaloop
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Looking for numeric shifter to try out

Hey all,

I picked up a 2006 C2S cab recently and absolutely loving it. Shifter is a bit… squishy. I’m not super interested in a short throw shifter per se, but a more precise shifting feel. Seems like the numeric shifter allows for a higher/longer throw setting. Now I’m debating if I should do the cables. Anyway, I think the only way to make up my mind would be to check one out that’s already been installed.

Anyone in the SF Bay Bay Area with a 997 with numeric shifter installed? With or without the cables. Or really any one with a not so squishy gearbox with advice? I’m located in Berkeley.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2023, 10:32 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 142 Posts

I did both Numeric short shifter and cables. Yes it gets rid off all the squish and makes your hand work a bit more. Unless you want a race car feel, don’t do the cables. Just the shifter. That’s a DIY in about an hour or so. The cables are lots more work and you need to get under the car. Note thst the OEM cables are plastic in a plastic sheath and known to break on the fitting thst attaches to the shifter. The numeric cables are all metal, the cable and the sheath as well as the spherical connectors. Plus you’re gonna get more noise in the cabin, more of the tranny and engine whine. I enjoyed it. But others might not.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:44 AM
Lastdragon
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the Numeric shifter and stock cables on my 2007 C2S. I switched to Numeric almost immediately after I bought the car and it is one of the best upgrades for the car. I am in the Oakland/ Berkeley area and I would be happy to let you row a few gears. Send me a PM
The following users liked this post:
DesmoSD (08-22-2023)

Quick Reply: Looking for numeric shifter to try out