Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997Turbo/GT2 vs. 430 Modena

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 03:13 PM
jbdmd
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trolling the ferrari forums for info on modena's...sounds like this is one of the first iron horses to be "somewhat affordable" and "somewhat reliable"

I have come to the same conclusions as CGT....just two different birds.

One option I have considered as of late is one of those high end lease companies b/c you get 1)lightly used modena at a discount 2)warranty 3)reduced price (some as low as $2000/month)

just my thoughts
Old 06-04-2004, 03:32 PM
1Carnut1
Track Day

Seems the question was which of the three cars would be better. Since only one of these three even exists at the moment and no one knows for sure how the other two will perform, it s a pretty impossible question to try and answer. I loved all my Porsches, love the ones I have now, and as far as being fast, they are, reliable, they are. Feeding back to the driver like a Ferrari, sorry they are just not there yet, I'm hoping they will get there some day.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:29 PM
jbdmd
Pro

Originally posted by 1Carnut1
Seems the question was which of the three cars would be better. Since only one of these three even exists at the moment and no one knows for sure how the other two will perform, it s a pretty impossible question to try and answer. I loved all my Porsches, love the ones I have now, and as far as being fast, they are, reliable, they are. Feeding back to the driver like a Ferrari, sorry they are just not there yet, I'm hoping they will get there some day.

those are some serious rigs carnut!!
Old 06-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Arun
AutoX

Gentlemen,
Well, I agree with some of what has been written. My thoughts are the person asking the questions to start this. Have you ever driven either a GT2, GT3, 360 Modena for any period of time. The greatest thing about Porsche and Ferrari is they build terrific cars. They go about it differently yes. But you are gguaranteeddriving enjoyment. As one of you said the performance is small in difference in lap times. Except racing and being several tenths of a second faster might win you the race. Not one of you it sounds races your cars professionally. The real interesting thing is the difference in lap times is almost invisible on the street. and as one of you said it is the better or lucky driver that got the shift right or timing right that made him/her win over you. Why ask about cars we do not have even the numbers on yet talk about the difference in driving these cars and if you don't own them then go out and drive them and then ask.

Quick Reply: 997Turbo/GT2 vs. 430 Modena