Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jumpstarting a dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023, 04:47 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Bad starter cable? Any signs of rodents?
Old 07-24-2023, 06:54 PM
celo626
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More attempts

Originally Posted by ADias
Bad starter cable? Any signs of rodents?
so I started to dig into the fuses. I realize the “sockets disconnected” message was relative to the dc outlets. Footwell and console were fried. Glove box is good. On the left side, I wanted to inspect the fuel pump relay - open end it up and it’s empty…. Huh? Swapped the 20a from the glovebox socket and gave it another go - still nothing. Starting to suspect the starter, but I am surprised on a car with only 40k miles. Next step is to tow it to the dealer. Ugh - defeated!
Old 07-25-2023, 01:34 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,008 Likes on 567 Posts

Hi everyone, just an FYI if you happen to find yourself in similar scenario where you might be locked out of the vehicle due to a dead battery, we do offer a couple options to help combat this in our Microstart with clampless harness that can be routed to an easily accessible external access point and allows you to energize the system or actually jumpstart the vehicle without needing to directly access the battery...We also offer our full size automotive models that have our wireless built in jump starting. These models have a battery management system the helps protect the battery from being over discharged and damaged if there is an issue with the battery being drained but also saves a dedicated amount of capacity that should allow for a couple of start attempts once the feature is engaged either by the button on the battery or via the included wireless remote. As always please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at all.

XP-10
XP-10 Clampless Harness
H6 Automotive Battery

Best regards,

Quick Reply: Jumpstarting a dead battery