Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Targa Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2022 | 11:47 AM
DEvans997
Track Day

Default 997.1 Targa Question

My 07' 997 Targa has developed a squeaking noise that comes from the left rear of the interior. It sounds like a cricket and is driving me nuts. I've checked the speaker cover, seat belt return, seats, and everything else that could be loose. Has anyone else encountered this? Has anyone replaced the struts on the rear glass hatch? Thinking it may be the culprit.

Thank you in advance!
Old 12-09-2022 | 12:04 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

I have a coupe, not a Targa, but I have a similar sounding squeak in the same area. Next time you're driving and you hear that noise, try reaching over with your right hand and push on the panel just underneath where the shoulder strap for your seatbelt comes out just behind the door and about shoulder height. That is where my squeak is coming from and I'm trying to address it by placing small pieces of foam (I had some half inch diameter backer rod laying around) which seamed to work initially, but may have shifted or I may need more. I'm just trying to create a small gap between the plastic pieces that are causing that squeak. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Targa Question