Sponsored by:

Power Steering pump to throttle bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 03:02 PM
Jason Street
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering pump to throttle bracket

This bracket is obviously designed to attach to the pin on the power steering pump but they don't match up. What is the purpose of this connection? Am I missing something that bridges the gap. It was this way when I purchased it.

Last edited by Jason Street; 12-08-2022 at 06:21 PM. Reason: wrong part information
Old 12-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Jance
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha I'm there too! (replacing Starter, AOS, alternator regulator, water pump, thermostat, oil filler) There is supposed to be a nut (towards rear of car) and a bolt with a rubber head (towards the front of the car) that fits in that downwards pointing "fork". The rubber head of the bolt rests on the power steering pump (not AC compressor).
Old 12-08-2022, 04:55 PM
Jason Street
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jance
Haha I'm there too! (replacing Starter, AOS, alternator regulator, water pump, thermostat, oil filler) There is supposed to be a nut (towards rear of car) and a bolt with a rubber head (towards the front of the car) that fits in that downwards pointing "fork". The rubber head of the bolt rests on the power steering pump (not AC compressor).
Gotcha - noticed this when replacing the B+ cable - what's the purpose/function? Vibration damping maybe?
Old 12-08-2022, 05:58 PM
anthonyk
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep, mine looks like this.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:42 PM
yelcab
Three Wheelin'

Received 696 Likes on 433 Posts

It is to stabilize the throttle plate housing to the engine (in addition to the large hoses before it). It also makes the perfect angle for the rest of the throttle housing bellows to mate up. The rubber is there for vibration isolation and it tends to break off from heat. No hurry, but do get it replaced.

Quick Reply: Power Steering pump to throttle bracket