Sponsored by:

997.1 Racing Seat for HPDE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 10:03 AM
steveP911
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 230 Posts
Default 997.1 Racing Seat for HPDE?

I have a 2005 997 C2S that has somehow morphed from 80/20 street/track to 20/80 in the last two years. I would like to install a rollbar, racing seats, and harnesses before the start of the season in March 2023. I believe/hope I will progress to the next step in 2023 of being in the PCA White group, which is solo, and I want to improve my safety and driving security (i.e., body stability) for that. I have searched via Google and the 997 and Racing/DE subforums in RL, but I have not found enough in the way of positive responses about what seats and interface brackets have worked well in the 997.1.

I want to use a slider bracket to makes things easier to get in/out. The best one I have seen so far (IMO) is made by BBI. https://bbiautosport.com/collections...and-slider-kit. Anything else suggested?

I am 5'11" and 190 lbs and I think I need a seat which is a large based on my hip width, but I will surely do a test fit in-person before buying. I sat in a friends Sparco EVO L and it felt secure to me. I had seen some posts about issues with seat/console interference so I wanted to see if others found that a problem or not.

For reference, I think I have settled on using the Titan rollbar.

Any suggestions or lessons learned about buying seats and interface brackets for the 997.1? Happy to hear what you like but I am most interested in making sure my fitup will be successful.

Thanks very much!

Quick Reply: 997.1 Racing Seat for HPDE?