Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rearview mirror removal problem...can't unhook the plug...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 01:47 PM
frybear
Pro

Received 215 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Rearview mirror removal problem...can't unhook the plug...

so, I followed the instructions and got the mirror off the housing, not too hard actually. But for the life of me, I cannot unhook the plug from the mirror. There are two TINY *** areas on the side that seem like they may need to be pushed in to release the male from the female connection but there is no way in hell for a human to do both sides at once and even trying one side while prying at the top, doesn't budge. What am I doing wrong or am I prying the wrong area? I circled the area I've been messing with...

icl
Old 09-16-2022, 01:52 AM
Dr.H
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

from this procedure

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ew-mirror.html

5. The wires and connector plug will still be attached. The plug pivots freely, and there are two tiny clips on the left and right of the black connector plug. The female portion of the plug is attached to the mirror, while the male portion is attached to the wires from the headliner. Use a tiny flat head screwdriver (like the kind used for eye-glasses repair) to gently pry both sides of the female connector plug up, so the clips on the male plug are released. Then slide the male portion out.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:50 AM
frybear
Pro

Received 215 Likes on 135 Posts

Thanks. I couldn’t figure it out based on the instructions above because I wasn’t thinking correctly. Went to my mechanic and his guy used a pick to do it in 3 seconds.

Quick Reply: Rearview mirror removal problem...can't unhook the plug...