Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No start

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2022 | 11:44 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bcgreen
Interesting, I did the swap and no change, so I put the Sony battery back into it's original key fob and it didn't work. Took the Sony battery out and put it i to the other key and it worked. Don't know what happened but will be looking for a Sony battery.
Then according to what you just mentioned, it wasn’t the brand of battery because both brands didn’t work in your non working key fob. That means the electronics inside are not working.
Old 08-27-2022 | 12:17 AM
bcgreen
Pro

Originally Posted by Carreralicious
Then according to what you just mentioned, it wasn’t the brand of battery because both brands didn’t work in your non working key fob. That means the electronics inside are not working.
It's hard to get across exactly what happened but the Sony battery now works in the key fob that had the bad battery. Don't know why it didn't work when I swapped them out initially but now it works.
So now I will look for a Sony 2032 battery.
Old 08-27-2022 | 07:46 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bcgreen
It's hard to get across exactly what happened but the Sony battery now works in the key fob that had the bad battery. Don't know why it didn't work when I swapped them out initially but now it works.
So now I will look for a Sony 2032 battery.
Ah, ok, then that’s interesting. I can’t imagine they’d make a key fob that only works with one brand of battery though. Thats like the car itself only working if it has the Porsche branded battery installed. Lol.

Quick Reply: No start