Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left Key in ignition now no power

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2022 | 12:32 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Default Left Key in ignition now no power

I changed my oil yesterday and somehow left the key in the on position overnight. Now I have zero power even though the battery tender indicates a full charge. Any suggestions?
Old 06-26-2022 | 03:09 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

I solved the issue. Thankfully I installed an antigravity lithium battery a couple years ago. I found the jump start fob and it started right up.
The following 2 users liked this post by ilovemaui:
jbkusa (06-26-2022), VT Blue (06-26-2022)
Old 06-26-2022 | 09:50 PM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

@ilovemaui how did the fob work? I bought an Antigravity last year primarily for this fail-safe (famous last words) feature. Just curious the process you went through -- tap the fob and -- voila! -- power? Or is there more to it?

Thx!

Bob
Old 06-26-2022 | 10:20 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VT Blue
@ilovemaui how did the fob work? I bought an Antigravity last year primarily for this fail-safe (famous last words) feature. Just curious the process you went through -- tap the fob and -- voila! -- power? Or is there more to it?

Thx!

Bob
For a while I couldn't find the fob because I kept looking for something that looked like the one on their website. I found my valet key in the safe and it had a small black thing with a button in the middle. I thought the button was for the convertible top. I pressed the button while in the house and I heard the Porsche horn make a light noise. I walked out into the garage and the car was all lit up. I stuck the real key in the ignition and it started right up. I am SO glad I have an Antigravity battery. All kinds of thoughts were going through my mind about how I was going to get into the frunk. I was afraid to use the fuse box jump start because I had visions of the lithium battery bursting into the flames and burning my house down. If I had to have it towed to the dealer how would they get it out of the garage since there is nothing to hook onto in the back. It was not a good morning.

The strange thing is that I have a cteck lithium charger and when I hooked it up the battery appeared to have a decent charge. Oh well, lesson learned.
The following users liked this post:
VT Blue (06-26-2022)
Old 06-26-2022 | 10:24 PM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Thanks so much, Maui.

I have the fobs and, fortunately, have had no reason to use them. Yet.

Sounds like it was about as easy as it could be.

Thx!

Bob

Quick Reply: Left Key in ignition now no power