Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a New Car, Roadtripping it Back. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2022 | 02:47 PM
Matsuzaka
Instructor

”I have family in Surfside that I'm going to visit. But I agree Charleston is nice.[/QUOTE]

Surfside, Florida? If so, Rev’s Institute in Naples is a must stop for a car/Porsche enthusiast.
Old 02-13-2022 | 03:01 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Blue Ridge Parkway and Destin as previously suggested

Also consider (*** = Earn Points with the spouse):
- lunch, museum and shopping at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. Need reservations. ***
- Panama City Beach. Lots of very local seafood restaurants
- Don Cesar St Pete Beach ***. Valet Parking. Massage Therapists. Berns Steakhouse and save room for their dessert room ***
- Charleston SC. Homewood Suites has valet parking and they took very good care of my 911. Food and Beverage: Ansons, Prohibition, Salt and Sorghum. Private Tour with Carolina Polo and Carriage Tour Company ***
- Virginia Beach area. Hilton VaBeach is nice and on the water***. Valet parking. Dining: https://www.littlebitnola.com/ and 1608 Crafthouse.
- Out of VaBeach take 13 across/under the Chesapeake for more fun and adventures on the other side.

If you are in the Southern Maryland area, give a shout. Safe and fun travels!!!
The following users liked this post:
Ohio Performance (02-19-2022)
Old 02-13-2022 | 03:08 PM
JRBucks
Racer

Originally Posted by motoo344
I have not unfortunately which is a shame because its right up the road. I work two jobs, detailing cars and then have a side gig so almost every single weekend from Aprilish to December I am working in some way. I am part of the Philly MINI club and still haven't made it out to one of their events yet.
I haven't gone to one yet either but I'm hoping to make it to one this year

Originally Posted by BHMav8r
Ever been to the Destin area?

Some really nice beach communities and food. About half way between Hou & Sav.

Flat boring roads though.
I haven't been to Florida since my parents took me to Disney land in 1978.

Originally Posted by JG 996T
Blue ridge parkway and stop near Asheville?

Going to be epic. Great opportunity to see the country and enjoy the new car. Blue tape good idea
I do have friends in Asheville......... That might be an option from SC to back to PA. I could also avoid most of VA, my least favorite state to drive in.

Originally Posted by Matsuzaka
”I have family in Surfside that I'm going to visit. But I agree Charleston is nice.
Surfside, Florida? If so, Rev’s Institute in Naples is a must stop for a car/Porsche enthusiast.[/QUOTE]

No Surfside Beach SC

Last edited by JRBucks; 02-13-2022 at 03:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (02-15-2022)
Old 02-13-2022 | 08:11 PM
bschurr
Racer

Congrats on the new ride!

As an alternative to Charleston I would suggest Sea Island, GA. My in-laws have a house there and the Cloisters is a fantastic hotel with lots to do from chilling at the beach club to horseback riding, skeet shooting or a kayak trip through the marsh…
Old 02-18-2022 | 10:39 PM
MarkG123
Pro

Many sections of Blueridge parkway are closed during the winter and early spring. Check with park services. You can drive 20 miles up only to find it closed then schlep 20 miles back.

Last edited by MarkG123; 02-18-2022 at 10:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Bought a New Car, Roadtripping it Back. Ideas?