Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay/Amazon SSK - Leans left. Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2022 | 01:12 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

2009 C2S 178K miles

If flipping it doesn't work completely, you can adjust the straightness by lengthening or shortening the cables where they are anchored. I doubt any replacement would match perfectly... otherwise the factory would not have the adjustments.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Old 02-04-2022 | 02:38 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Perhaps it's just me but it seems flipping the lever will just make it cant the opposite direction, not stand straight up as intended. At least based on the shifter I have, the base of the lever sits straight up and down at 90* and then bends in one direction towards the driver when it neutral. If I flipped the lever, it would just cant in the opposite direction, not sit at 90*. The only way the lever would get to 90* in the neutral position is if the angle of the lever at the fulcrum is already at an angle. What am I missing? If flipping the lever IS the solution, then the fulcrum point is the issue, not the lever, and perhaps there is a way to get that joint to sit more upright in the neutral state.

Last edited by Busta Rib; 02-04-2022 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2022 | 02:48 PM
ejabour
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Perhaps it's just me but it seems flipping the lever will just make it cant the opposite direction, not stand straight up as intended. At least based on the shifter I have, the base of the lever sits straight up and down at 90* and then bends in one direction towards the driver when it neutral. If I flipped the lever, it would just cant in the opposite direction, not sit at 90*. The only way the lever would get to 90* in the neutral position is if the angle of the lever at the fulcrum is already at an angle. What am I missing? If flipping the lever IS the solution, then the fulcrum point is the issue, not the lever, and perhaps there is a way to get that joint to sit more upright in the neutral state.
Are you sure. Here is a pic from pelicans site of the factory short shifter. It should bend away from the driver

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...caApXsEALw_wcB

Old 02-04-2022 | 03:11 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

This is how my lever is oriented (in neutral), canting slightly towards the driver. I like it this way. It's not as extreme as ATX_Native's shifter. If I were to flip my lever as suggested, it would be canting symetrically in the opposite direction, not straight up.

Originally Posted by ejabour
Are you sure. Here is a pic from pelicans site of the factory short shifter. It should bend away from the driver

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...caApXsEALw_wcB
Old 02-04-2022 | 03:20 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Factory shifter rods all bends a little towards the passenger side. SSK, GT3 or standard.

Old 02-04-2022 | 03:21 PM
ejabour
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
This is how my lever is oriented (in neutral), canting slightly towards the driver. I like it this way. It's not as extreme as ATX_Native's shifter. If I were to flip my lever as suggested, it would be canting symetrically in the opposite direction, not straight up.

Yeah, yours would probably be indexed too far past vertical if flipped.

I bet the OPs would be just right.

Quick Reply: Ebay/Amazon SSK - Leans left. Anyone else?