Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 08:41 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Rear Seat Belt Install - Cab

Hey Everyone, I promise a proper intro post tomorrow.

But first, I’m trying to re-install the rear seat belts. The PO removed them for track purposes I assume. I need them to be able to take my kids along.

so far I can’t get fit the seat belt into the aluminum frame.

I unbolted the anti roll over crash pop up and I still don’t have enough room to fit the belt in.

The WSM isn’t much help, only says you have to remove the most basic interior panels. Do I have to remove the entire aluminum housing that the pop ups attach to, to be able to fit these belts back in??

06 997.1 C4

Old 01-16-2022, 10:20 PM
ecard
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I replaced my belts a few months ago. You have already done the tedious part, so the rest is relatively easy.
The only way they go in the aluminum housing is from the lower part of the side opening, not through the top. Fit the end of the belt and the buckle through the opening first, fishing it with your hand from the top. Pull at least half of the length of the belt from the spool to make the rolled portion smaller, then get it through. It will not go through if fully wound up. I remember this opening almost having the same shape as the spool. Then just position the spool in place and screw it back. Remember to reconnect the pop up roll bars (in case you had disconnected it).
Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:01 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the tip! That explains why I’m having such a hard time, both of my belts are stuck fully retracted. According to my search that can happen while they are out of the car, and only way to free them back up is to bolt them in. I’ll keep trying thank you!
Old 01-16-2022, 11:27 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

I got them unlocked!! For future reference, to get the seatbelt to unlock you have to hold it in the exact upright position as it would be installed and gently pull on the belt and it will release. The lock mechanism must be gravity based in case of accident or roll over.
The following users liked this post:
joes c4 cab (01-18-2022)

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Belt Install - Cab