Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new dsc download

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022 | 10:47 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Default new dsc download

anyone tried the new map from the DSC website? iv totally forgotten how to program this thing since i got it working to my liking way back 2017.. Iv since written DSC but have yet to receive feedback from them.. this new download is making me curious.. anyone tried it already? Feedback?
Old 01-13-2022 | 10:57 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Old 01-15-2022 | 04:06 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Putting in the new map from dsc was easy enough..
1. Make sure no key in ignition
2. Connect computer and turn on DSC tuner software.
3. Read All from your DSC module and save your existing map to your computer. For just incase you want to turn back.
4. Open the new map from DSC.
5. Write all on to your DSC Module... and your done.
I'm testing the map now and it seems ok.. I'm checking the numbers and it seems close to the map I did before... small variations in the shock calibration. Will give feedback when I can do my high speed runs and canyon road drives....
Old 01-15-2022 | 11:35 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

2009 C2S 178K miles

DSC has always tweaked their files... and you wouldn't know it. I stopped into their shop way back and they noted they have professional disagreements about this or that... sometimes one person wins and the file is tweaked... then etc. etc. I would not get too excited that a new file exists... thinking that there is an improvement. But, the good news is you can try it out, then revert right back to your old one. Just save what is in there now so you can re-load it. Great system albeit a little bit wonky to wrap your head around the way their coders were thinking.

I have become convinced that given the crazy amount of tweaking you can do, that this is all about taste... and influence from the type of driving you do and the quality of your roads. No setup is best.

I am a big fan of their stuff for sure.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now in Atlanta)

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 01-15-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-15-2022 | 03:32 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

I agree Bruce. When I got the box about 5 yrs ago dsc gave me their preferred map... which I tried... as I used it realized its shortcoming for my roads and use... had to modify... I have so many maps on my computer and their results... but in the short spin at least, my brain and ***** say it's ok with the new map...

Quick Reply: new dsc download