Sponsored by:

Strange TPC issue since buying new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 08:43 PM
joes c4 cab
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Strange TPC issue since buying new wheels

I purchased some wheels from a member here who lives nearby me. They look great and they were a great price, but the owner wasn’t sure about the tire pressure sensors. After I mounted the wheels, I had no warning lights and figured the sensors were good to go. I changed the selection to WINTER TIRES (since I’m keeping the stock wheels) and checked the pressures using the stalk. Bonehead move. Unfortunately when I did that, the tire pressure light came on and stayed on. Checking the pressures yields the view below; two pressures show up and the pressures for the left 2 tires do not.

i called a tire shop and they recommended I purchase all new sensors, and have the tire shop remove the tires and remount and balance the wheels after installing the new sensors to the tune of $500.

It seems like I’m doing something wrong. Any idea to fix this issue? Seems like something simple. Thanks!

Old 01-13-2022, 11:09 PM
TexRedC4S
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I also purchased wheels from a fellow rennlister. Mine didn’t have sensors so I purchased Huf OEM sensors from TPMS.com. I paid about $280 for 997.1 OEM sensors (made in Germany). I mounted them on the wheels myself before I mounted my tires. It took 10-15 min of driving for my 997.1 to fully recognize and eliminate all warnings, etc. They now work perfectly. I suggest you drive the car for a while and be patient? I may be all wrong, but it seemed to work for me.

If you need new units, I’d suggest you purchase directly from TPMS.com for your car. Then take your wheels in and have them dismounted, then remounted and balanced when you’re finished. I can’t imagine they would charge you more than $100 or so to dismount / mount and balance? My method will save you some cash, but does require some of your time and attention. I guess it’s just a trade off.

Last edited by TexRedC4S; 01-13-2022 at 11:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
joes c4 cab (01-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Strange TPC issue since buying new wheels