Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amperage needed to open trunk lid

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2022 | 12:24 AM
Ted925
1st Gear

Default Amperage needed to open trunk lid

Of course, when the battery dies in the 997 the trunk lid can’t be opened without connecting the red post in the fuse panel to a power source.

I use jumper cables and another vehicle to open the trunk lid. And then I use the below jump starter to start the Engine. The jump starter will not work to open the trunk lid by using by using the red post method; It may be a protective circuit built into the jump started

However on the jump starter below ( on the left) there is an output of 12V and 10 amps

Is this amperage sufficient to open the trunk lid using the fuse box red post method

If so, I can use the tiny jump starter box to open the trunk lid and then jump start the engine.

I think I’ve explained this somewhat ok, but ask away.

Old 01-09-2022 | 01:22 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Or route the emergency release cable (originally routed to inside the left taillight ... this can be pulled into the engine compartment without removing the taillight) through the hole directly under the latch and store it (looped up) behind the license plate bracket. Then you can open the motor lid by removing the license plate (4 screws) and the bracket (2 screws).

Refer to writeups on this Forum or YouTube videos for routing the frunk release cable to a place where it can be accessed and where it will actually work.

Quick Reply: Amperage needed to open trunk lid