Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Option Question: "XTL- Door Finisher in Carbon"

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2021 | 12:50 PM
pleonexia
2nd Gear

Default 997.1 Option Question: "XTL- Door Finisher in Carbon"

Hey there, gang. Long time lurker on Rennlist and spent many a hours on this forum. This is my first post, so please don't flame me.

Just had a question about the option code "XTL- Door Finisher in Carbon" and if anyone had photos of what that looks like? MY 997.1 has the Carbon Package as well (shifter, E-Brake, and dash trim), but unfortunately I checked my door cards and there is literally -nothing- on the door or the door sills that have carbon on them. I'm starting to wonder if these are different door cards that what is factory. When I do a google search, all this option does is bring up aftermarket carbon accessories, thus why I am posting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-16-2021 | 02:55 PM
AIrey1507
Advanced

Believe in Porsche options lingo it's specifically this part of the door trim (top part around window switches, not the grab handle).

Old 12-16-2021 | 03:44 PM
pleonexia
2nd Gear

My fears are confirmed. I think my door cards were swapped out at one point by the previous owner(s) for the carbon fiber. The door cards in the car now oddly enough appear to be from a 987 Cayman, as there is no vertical grab handle on the door.

Has anyone ever see this? Why would someone put door cards from a Cayman into a 911? The car was never in an accident, disclosed on carfax or seen with the paint meter.

Here's a photo of some 987 Door cards, with the red line being where the proper 911 grab handles should be.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks!

Quick Reply: 997.1 Option Question: "XTL- Door Finisher in Carbon"