Sponsored by:

Millers UOA, Speediagnostix vs. Blackstone, and Other Observations

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 05:39 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by G.I.G.
I'm not sure, but maybe he confused the M97 engine with the 9A1 DFI engine, since he mentions DI40 oil (which is specially formulated for DFI engines)? I'll chime in on the other thread as well.
He said that the DI40 actually is better also for the 997.1 models, but that it is ok if you use the DT40. Overall, he says DI40 is the better oil for both .1 and .2, but that DI40 costs more.

Last edited by Carreralicious; 12-05-2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 04:44 PM
G.I.G.
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Run_Amok
Great information. Thank you for posting.

If I understand correctly, you attribute the lower oil temps to the addition of the third radiator–is that right?
That is correct. I noticed a nice improvement in oil temps after adding the 3rd radiator, especially when running the car hard and even normal driving in warm temps. Not only does it generally run cooler now with the 3rd radiator, on the occasion that the oil temps get up to 220/225 when I'm running the car hard, the temps come down to ~200 (where it runs normally) much more quickly.

Originally Posted by Carreralicious
He said that the DI40 actually is better also for the 997.1 models, but that it is ok if you use the DT40. Overall, he says DI40 is the better oil for both .1 and .2, but that DI40 costs more.
I exchanged some emails with Lake regarding the fuel dilution. He was very clear that my car was a .1 and had a port injected engine. He maintained his assertion that based on their experience and testing methods, that fuel dilution is only an issue if it exceeds 2. He said my numbers looked good from his perspective.

The Driven oils sound great, but based on my experience using the Millers and several years of great UOA's, I have no reason to switch.

Quick Reply: Millers UOA, Speediagnostix vs. Blackstone, and Other Observations