Sponsored by:

997.2 PDK C2 Exhaust Mods Done! Fister + Soul CMB + IPD Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 02:08 PM
RLP1984
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 997.2 PDK C2 Exhaust Mods Done! Fister + Soul CMB + IPD Plenum

Just finished, hopefully, the full round of exhaust modifications on my 2009 997.2 C2 PDK (non PSE, 44k miles).

I started with the SOUL CMB in Feb which did improve the sound dramatically, but as most people on the forum state, it wasn't quite enough. Also I was getting some vibration at idle (700rpm) and read here that adding the Fister side mufflers helped. I ordered and installed the Fisters but the shop said they were still getting some vibration so went ahead and replaced the engine mounts, WASN'T CHEAP and ended being about $1500 (parts + labor). I'll note that I've found Los Angeles prices are some of the highest in the country, call it the SOCAL TAX.

During the installation I had the shop address a small oil weep I was seeing coming from the back driver side bank of the engine, they identified an intake gasket after much back and forth. While they were replacing it, Scott @ House Encino suggest I upgrade the Plenum to IPD as they had to pull the old one to replace the gasket anyway. He said all the 997 owners he's spoken to love the mod and because he was in there already he wouldn't charge me for the installation (IPD Plenum was $950). Also because I had already done the Center Muffler Bypass and the Fisters it was a logical mod.

Check the video but here's my final synopsis:

Sound
is it loud? YES. is it TOO loud? debatable. Do I like it, BIG YES. Start up sounds powerful now. The CMB helped but still had a slightly thin, tinny sound (see video). Now it's much more of a deep growl, a lot of people describe this as "Throaty", I'd agree. I'll say I do believe that the Plenum also added some volume here overall.

Performance
It's hard to say which mod's did what and I know there is a lot of debate on whether Center Muffler Bypasses (X-pipes and U pipes) add HP/Torque same with the Fisters and same with the IPD Plenum. IMO the car drives more like Sport Mode while in regular mode now, pics up faster from 1st to 2nd and overall accelerates much smoother and quicker. I drove down the roads around LAX and pushed it, was shocked by how fast I got up to 65mph, almost scary.

Here's the video right after the SOUL CMB was installed (Pre-Fister / Pre-IPD Plenum):

Here' the video with the Soul CMB + Fister + IPD Plenum:

The following 2 users liked this post by RLP1984:
Happy2th (10-15-2021), Scalp_em (10-14-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 03:38 PM
Shock Arrival
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

Great post, and much improved from the first video to the second!

Headers in the cards?
Old 10-15-2021, 06:04 PM
RLP1984
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shock Arrival
Great post, and much improved from the first video to the second!

Headers in the cards?
I'd be open but nothing I've seen out there will pass CARB certification here in CALI, alot of the good ones look like they remove the CAT's altogether. I did see a post where someone had done the whole system, sounded amazing.

Quick Reply: 997.2 PDK C2 Exhaust Mods Done! Fister + Soul CMB + IPD Plenum