Sponsored by:

997.2 Carrera Exhaust | Gundo + Center Bypass + Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 12:38 PM
preelude
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 115 Posts
Default 997.2 Carrera Exhaust | Gundo + Center Bypass + Headers

I was finally able to get a good sound clip of my current exhaust setup on my 2011 Carrera 3.6L 6-Speed. I added headers earlier this year and haven't had time to record a video until now.

Exhaust setup:
- Factory side mufflers with 2.0" gundo mod
- Internally bypassed center muffler (sleeves over perforated sections)
- Topgear catless headers

You can follow/check out the full build on instagram: 911obsessed or visit: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ty-photos.html

Last edited by preelude; 09-28-2021 at 12:40 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by preelude:
Bwoy1981 (09-28-2021), Ed99 (10-13-2022), RABjr (10-02-2021), Scalp_em (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 01:02 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Really sounds great. Mine is similar except 200 cell cats and Topgear valved mufflers.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:05 PM
etom
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Love the sound! Love the purist look (I have the same colour, but with tan interior, but not your amazing photo capabilities). I'm getting a Sharkwerks x-over on sometime in the next week, and might even get my local Canadian tire to do it, which, preelude, you might appreciate (already have gundo hack).
Old 09-28-2021, 03:06 PM
RLP1984
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds amazing!!!! I've got a Soul CMB and just installing Fisters now (in the shop). Hoping to get it back soon and hear the difference. I'm in Cali so messing with the headers / cats can be problematic so I will most likely have to cut it here.

That deep throaty sound you're able to get in the vid I've experienced with the CMB only during the most precise conditions (NOT warmed up, warm weather, windows down, between 1st and 2nd and over 3k RPM). I'm hoping to try and achieve that more with the fisters.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:44 PM
carbonduc27
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris M.
Really sounds great. Mine is similar except 200 cell cats and Topgear valved mufflers.

Hey Chris, I am curious how your car sounds in comparison. Do you also have a center bypass? I have the top gear valved mufflers as well and love the option. Adding my 200 cells this weekend so I wondered what to expect. Thanks
Old 09-28-2021, 10:08 PM
preelude
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris M.
Thanks. Valve option would be welcome for me, with the catless headers I have to start the car with garage doors closed until the cold start cycle is complete. With doors open I think the neighbors would loose their mind, lol.

Originally Posted by etom
Love the sound! Love the purist look (I have the same colour, but with tan interior, but not your amazing photo capabilities). I'm getting a Sharkwerks x-over on sometime in the next week, and might even get my local Canadian tire to do it, which, preelude, you might appreciate (already have gundo hack).
Thank you, the sharkwerks center bypass + gundo is going to sound amazing. You'll love it.

Originally Posted by RLP1984
Sounds amazing!!!! I've got a Soul CMB and just installing Fisters now (in the shop). Hoping to get it back soon and hear the difference. I'm in Cali so messing with the headers / cats can be problematic so I will most likely have to cut it here.

That deep throaty sound you're able to get in the vid I've experienced with the CMB only during the most precise conditions (NOT warmed up, warm weather, windows down, between 1st and 2nd and over 3k RPM). I'm hoping to try and achieve that more with the fisters.
Fister + CMB will sound amazing and It will be quite throaty after that! The exhaust will also crackle and pop on deceleration while in gear
Old 12-03-2021, 07:43 AM
taaffert
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing sound!
I drive a '11 997.2 3.6 with the gundo hack (one of first mods done since I own the car 3,5 years back).
I'm thinking of upgrading my exhaust system as well and not sure where to begin. Main point of consideration for me is that I would like the car to become more alive, however I don't like drone. I'm thinking of adding the CMB from Top Gear, but not sure if that would be enough. Or do I need to have the full Top Gear (or other) valved exhaust? What do you think?
Old 12-03-2021, 08:18 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by taaffert
Amazing sound!
I drive a '11 997.2 3.6 with the gundo hack (one of first mods done since I own the car 3,5 years back).
I'm thinking of upgrading my exhaust system as well and not sure where to begin. Main point of consideration for me is that I would like the car to become more alive, however I don't like drone. I'm thinking of adding the CMB from Top Gear, but not sure if that would be enough. Or do I need to have the full Top Gear (or other) valved exhaust? What do you think?
The only thing a valved system would give you over your current setup is the ability to change the volume level by closing the valves but the change isn’t that noticeable if the cats are stock. Of all these exhaust mods the 200 cell or cat less headers make the most difference. There is no drone with my setup, at warm idle it is very tame, but after 4000 it screams. If I want it quiet I just close the valves.

Originally Posted by carbonduc27
Hey Chris, I am curious how your car sounds in comparison. Do you also have a center bypass? I have the top gear valved mufflers as well and love the option. Adding my 200 cells this weekend so I wondered what to expect. Thanks
​​​​​​Yes I have the TopGear center bypass. With that and the TopGear valved system it sounds exactly like stock PSE which wasn’t enough for me. The sport cats changed everything but be aware they may cause a check engine light. I had one but got a Softronic tune which eliminated it.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Carrera Exhaust | Gundo + Center Bypass + Headers