997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing PASM on Base 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021 | 11:02 PM
ewc
Racer

Thanks, I’m interested in hearing more on your comparison. My hope with installing the DSC was to gain some compliance along with a very slight drop. The base suspension can be harsh on bumps while a bit tipsy in the turns.

I didn’t really want to lower it with even Eibacha or Techarts because I need the ground clearance as I take the car down some trailheads with my bike at times.

Which is why I was thinking a very slight drop on S springs would be perfect for my use.

Originally Posted by hexagone
I owned a base 997.2 C2 with a C2S side by side that had PASM and the DSC box - I imagine few on this board have done this.

My recommendation is that for the PASM-equipped cars, adding DSC is a great option. Still a little pricey, IMO - but I like the configurability. It's not ground breaking in the sense that maybe, a magnetic ride in a newer car might be.

If you have a C2 and want to retrofit PASM so you can run DSC (i looked into it) - the effort is just not worth it. Get yourself some lowering springs and you'll be quite good - maybe not identical to having had PASM, but at least 70% of the way there for like 10% of the cost.

Quick Reply: Installing PASM on Base 997.2