New member; newbie questions TPC and seat memory,

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 01:27 AM
gsk326
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile New member; newbie questions TPC and seat memory,

Hello:

I am an avid sports car enthusiast and finally purchased my first Porche, a low mileage well equipped 2006 911 6 speed manual Carrera convertible. All I can say is I cannot believe I waited so long! I feel like I am in a video game when I get behind the wheel and go for a drive.

A few newbie questions.

Does anyone have problems with the TPC function? I have set and reset several times; the tires are all fully inflated to the recommended PSI but the low tire pressure warning keeps going on anyway. I hate to ignore this; it is a useful function on my other vehicles. Anyone have any insight? I know the wheels are not original to the car; could that have something to do with it?

I set the memory seats for the two keys for my wife (yes she drives stick) and myself. I can recall my seat position once I sit down and turn on the ignition with my key and press the key button 1. Nothing happens though automatically when I unlock the car with my key before getting into the car; I was hoping this would work as my wife has the seat so far forward when she is the driver. Am I misunderstanding something?

I look forward to learning from the community.

Thank you.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:15 PM
997.2GTS
Pro

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

Howdy,

With regard to your questions, the TPMS sensors misreading tire pressures is common - search the forum for "TPMS" and you will find plenty of threads on that matter. It will most likely be a symptom of a bad sender (in the tire) or receiver (in the wheel well) but the monitoring system is known to be finicky. The second question on memory seats, I do believe the seat should move to the position as stored in the key that was used to open the car and I bet that is an option in your PCM, so look in the menus, or can be coded using a PIWIS capable tool (EDIT - full disclosure, I have manual seats only, so YMMV with my comment - ask others!). These are only starting pointers, so good luck in your search - best way to get the answers you seek.

Last edited by 997.2GTS; 08-20-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: New member; newbie questions TPC and seat memory,