Modifying a front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 03:16 PM
Sean88
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifying a front bumper

Morning Folks,

I’ve been wanting to update the front of my 997.1 C4S for a while whilst keeping a relatively OEM look. I’ve seen a few builds where people have swapped to the turbo front bumper (and the other parts needed) and really like the look. The only thing I don’t like about the turbo bumper are the fog lights.

I’m debating buying a damaged turbo bumper to repair and cutting out the fogs/ surround, before using fibreglass and bondo to smooth it out and follow the contours.

I’ve no real experience doing similar but figured it’s only scrap if it doesn’t work. Does anybody have any knowledge of similar and whether it could or wouldn’t work?

Another option would be to buy a cheap aftermarket GT2 bumper and fill the ‘smile’ grill, whether this would be easier or not?

I can’t find any dimensions on the front bumpers online to see if they’re the same? I’ve read GTs are slightly longer but can’t find these anywhere.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:09 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 435 Likes on 174 Posts

@Sean88 Another option to consider - we recently introduced a kit where you can install the Turbo Spoiler onto a standard 997.1 bumper:

https://emc2design.com/shop-porsche-...r-installation

The following 2 users liked this post by EMC2:
misterdega (07-22-2021), Sean88 (07-21-2021)

Quick Reply: Modifying a front bumper