Sponsored by:

Gundo/Fister and Smog check in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021 | 08:50 AM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fpajonk
I had my smog check done last week (stock everything) and the guy went into the engine bay and underneath with his flashlight as if he was Perry Mason's little brother. I asked what he's looking for and he said 'anything missing or not original'. I don't now if he would have seen and recognized the hack but I'm wondering if people in LA ever had trouble passing the Smog check with the Gundo/Fister hack installed?
My guy was sensitized because he said, a dealer just recently had brought in a McLaren with the catalytic converters replaced by big tubes, O2 sensors sticked into the tubes and coded out. (Not sure if I believe him)
it doesn't look much different that OEM Sport exhaust so don't see how California's new laws looking for non-standard mods would hold up in this case. Those running cold air intakes be warned though! . It functions the same as OEM Sport exhaust. It has NO impact on emissions. And I buy the person checking a beer if he/she could spot the mod (unless you're one of those folks who polished the exhaust to look good )

Matt

Quick Reply: Gundo/Fister and Smog check in SoCal