Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input please, Laying down seats with airbags?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2021 | 10:12 AM
maekwl
Racer

Default Input please, Laying down seats with airbags?

tl;dr Can I tilt on its side or flip over a seat with an airbag without fear of messing up anything airbag related in the seat?

I have a set of seats I’m trying to install into my 997.2.

I removed the driver seat from the palette and the rails that you would bolt into the floor of the car are not aligned.

see how the left track/rail is lined up with with the end of the pallet but the right one is set back. Almost like a cross country skier while sliding one ski ahead before the next one comes up.

ive reasoned that each piece is separate and likely the right side needs to be removed or moved up. But I’m hesitate to flip this seat over and start looking.

my question, can I tilt around, lay down, flip over and generally move airbag equipped seats around or do I need to be worried about sensors or anything ? The seat is obviously not powered but I don’t know anything more then my thought of “it’s delicate”.

Thanks! Wondering if I can sort this out and charge ahead on the long weekend or wait until Tuesday to talk to the parts people

Last edited by maekwl; 07-04-2021 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-04-2021 | 11:18 AM
4Driver4
Rennlist Member

Flip it around however you like. No worries.

On the tracks, I'm not specifically familiar with the 997, but may power seats have the motor moving one slide and the other slide just free to move on it's own. You should be able to align the two by moving one or the other quite easily by hand.

Last edited by 4Driver4; 07-04-2021 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-04-2021 | 11:21 AM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Yes, you can flip the seat over and the air bag will be fine. To get the rails back in the same position, grab the seat forward/aft handle and manually adjust the rails with your hand, then release the handle.
Old 07-04-2021 | 12:42 PM
maekwl
Racer

@4Driver4 @ryantt thank you both. It was in fact the “non connected rail” and that makes sense as that’s the side the wooden bit broke on and allowed the rail to move.

ryantt thanks for the 2ez instructions!

all sorted. So excited to sit in these.

Quick Reply: Input please, Laying down seats with airbags?