A/C, FANS, Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 12:05 PM
crixer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C, FANS, Sensors?

Greetings,

I wanted to post to get some input on what could be wrong with my car. My A/C isn't working. Here are the symptoms:

Moments after starting the car, the front radiator fans both come on loud and full blast. I have noticed that they will quiet down and then later spin back up. They are usually running full on while driving.

Engine compartment fan doesn't seem to come on when the car is running. The fan will come on with the engine not running when using the Durametric software when clicking start on the fan.
(I changed my oil a while back and my wife slammed the deck lid with the fan running and it destroyed the cage it lives in. I replaced it but don't know if it hasn't worked since that time or when the A/C stopped working.)

I have removed the bumper and cleaned out the radiators and condensers.

I have checked all of the fuses in the foot well, all are okay.

I have pulled the rear mat and have the rear fuse box pulled up. When running the tool to activate the A/C compressor with the car off, I can hear the relay activate and I do hear something in the back click. I am assuming that is the clutch activating on the compressor. I will verify that I can see the clutch activate later today.

Car seems to be full of R134 so I don't think it is a leak.

No other codes other than a sun sensor under the A/C or in any other subsystems from the software.

From all of the posts I have read there seems to be a engine compartment temp sensor between the air intake runners on the passenger side. Would a bad temp sensor cause this behavior?

Thanks for any input!

Quick Reply: A/C, FANS, Sensors?