Sponsored by:

CAE shifter cable issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 09:45 AM
997ranger
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAE shifter cable issue

A very reputable shop is trying to finish installing the CAE shifter on my 997.1 turbo, and the CAE supplied shift cables are too short. The cables have been adjusted all the way to their furthest position, and still come up 1-2" short. Do you guys have any experience with these, and know what might be the problem? I've emailed CAE just waiting on a response.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:17 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

My tech had a similar issue with Numeric cables where it could not reach Reverse / 3rd / etc. Took an extra day of troubleshooting and some tech support to get it right - more common than you think. I haven't seen the CAE cables, but Dan at Numeric Racing was very helpful, he was able to walk him through it.
The following users liked this post:
Numeric Racing (04-16-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 05:18 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
My tech had a similar issue with Numeric cables where it could not reach Reverse / 3rd / etc. Took an extra day of troubleshooting and some tech support to get it right - more common than you think. I haven't seen the CAE cables, but Dan at Numeric Racing was very helpful, he was able to walk him through it.
We're the only company I know that'll facetime a customer to help them with getting their technical question solved. We take pride in our customer service, glad Dan was able to help you guys out!

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
The following users liked this post:
997.one (05-22-2021)
Old 02-16-2024, 12:16 PM
onlychild8403
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 997ranger
A very reputable shop is trying to finish installing the CAE shifter on my 997.1 turbo, and the CAE supplied shift cables are too short. The cables have been adjusted all the way to their furthest position, and still come up 1-2" short. Do you guys have any experience with these, and know what might be the problem? I've emailed CAE just waiting on a response.
I just had mine installed and it took me while to figure out that there are two different cable lengths. I have a 997.2 turbo and my cable do to the right side of the transmission. Below are the two links for the cables (1st link is the longer cable). Scroll through the photos and check which side your cable goes on the transmission (driver or passenger). My guess is its passenger which requires a longer set of cables.

https://cae-racing.de/CAE-Ultra-Shifter_41

https://cae-racing.de/CAE-Ultra-Shifter_109

Quick Reply: CAE shifter cable issue