Sponsored by:

Coding for CD Changer using PIWIS 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 01:48 AM
Nosubstitute531
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Coding for CD Changer using PIWIS 2

Hi - would someone who's an expert on this or has already done it for their 997.1 be able to walk me through how I can code my 997.1 (2006 997.1 base, No cd changer, no bose, no navi, no phone) to enable the CD changer on my PCM? My car came with no cd changer option so I'm trying enable that using PIWIS 2 clone that I have. I've never done this on a Porsche so a step by step guide/instructions would be very helpful.

I already tried going into the gateway and setting the CD changer option to installed. However, this doesn't seem to work and does not enable the CD changer on my PCM. I used the following guide and it seems like there's a second step to complete the coding which I cannot seem to figure out.

https://workshop-manuals.com/porsche...ons/page_5093/

For some background, I was trying to install the mr12volt bluetooth unit in my car. It seems like all the steps were correct as I am now getting a blue light on the device and i'm able to pair my phone with it. However, I cannot stream any music or anything because I don't have the CD changer option coded on my PCM.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Old 02-08-2021, 02:20 AM
Nosubstitute531
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone ? Someone must definitely know how to do this for our cars.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:36 PM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 464 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosubstitute531
Anyone ? Someone must definitely know how to do this for our cars.
I'm no help, but would be in the exact same boat and would love to hear some advice as well.
Old 07-03-2022, 02:57 PM
nydog
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

Did either of you ever get this straightened out? I have a similar issue with mObrigde Bluetooth module. My car lost the CD changer option over the winter, I think the battery went low, now saying no changer when I select the cd changer input.

Quick Reply: Coding for CD Changer using PIWIS 2